“Excellent - for all-you-can-eat.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Atami Sushi Restaurant
Ranked #580 of 1,268 Restaurants in Hamilton
Reviewed 26 January 2015

We were in the area and wanted Sushi. My husband HATES all-you-can-eat Sushi restaurants for the main reason of; smaller/thinner slices of fish on the sashimi and way TOO MUCH rice. Always lots of rice to fill you up fast and some places tell you if you don't eat all the rice, they won't bring you more.... I convinced him to go because we wanted sushi and couldn't find one that wasn't all-you-can-eat. PLEASANTLY surprised that the sashimi had a nice slice of fish with a reasonable amount of rice. Same with the rolls, not a ton of rice. Service was good, food came out at a decent pace and it was all very tastey.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

Excellent service, fantastic food, and awesome atmosphere. I've bene here about 4 times and I love it!!! Cheese wontons are to die for!! Keep up the great work :-)

1  Thank Alicia D
Reviewed 16 December 2014

Just visited Atami, but we tend to go once every month or two. We have tried some other places nearby... and have enjoyed them... but we keep going back to Atami. And we always try to venture out of our comfort zone with what we have but there are some things that you just have to order. It is all-you-can-eat, and it's very affordable. Nothing too fancy, just good food. Never had a bad experience there. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 25 September 2014

My mom and I went to Atami for their lunch buffet. It was not busy at all, so our food came out quiet fast. The maki rolls were okay, not the freshest fish I've tasted, same with the seaweed salad. We decided to try something different as we always resort to eating the same things. We ordered the spareribs in black bean sauce. This food item was the only one to take a while to come out. Finally it arrived with the most PUTRID smell I have ever experienced in my life. It literally smelt like roadkill. We all know the smell of food can be deceiving, so we attempted to take a bite. The taste was indescribable. It tasted even WORSE than it smelt. The more we looked at it, the more we were confused with what animal it could possibly be. The meat tasted so incredibly OLD. The bones were so incredibly small, it looked like the meet of a raccoon. Even the people in the booth beside us were upset with the smell that came off of this dish. We told the server and she was very unapologetic and rude. Sure enough, I got sick from the food we ate. DO NOT eat here. It is the most disgusting place I have ever eaten in my entire life. I can't even find the words to describe it. I actually have no idea how it has received good reviews, or how it is still open and running for that matter. The health and safety inspectors need to do their job because clearly businesses like this deserve to be shut down immediately.

Reviewed 21 September 2014

During a recent outing to Hamilton we decided to drive a bit off coarse to try a different sushi restaurant. This venue is tucked into a corner of a very unasuming strip plaza in south east Hamilton. Once entering it was clean an relaxed feeling. The staff were friendly and attentive. We just sneaked into the final stage of the lunch menu. The menu was plentiful and the food was delishious and served very quickly. Although the restaurant was a little quiet at that time of day.(mid afternoon) We liked the unique angled cut of the sushi which made it actually easier to pick up with your chopsticks as well as admire the contents. My husband noted that not only did he like the food but he enjoyed the quiet relaxed feel of the restaruant unlike another very bright light, trendy venue across town which is also nice. We will certainly take the time to drive this way again and try dinner next time.