“Downtown hotel, good location”

Sheraton Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Hamilton
Peterborough, Canada
“Downtown hotel, good location”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a dance competition at a high school. The hotel was just what we expected. The lobby and underground parking were clean and nice. Rooms were clean, quiet and beds comfy . Hallways were grubby and carpets stained. Pool/fitness area excellent and recently updated. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank travelmom2012
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you recommend the Sheraton Hamilton. It’s true we had a tough time keeping the hallways clean during the huge dance competition. Of course the housekeeping team did have them thoroughly cleaned. Thanks!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
St. John's, Nl Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton hotel on King Street in Hamilton from April 13th through the 19th. The location of the hotel makes you want to stay inside as it is in a really seedy neighborhood. First I was put in one room but noticed the desk had something spilled all over it and there was even hair matted into it. I hadn't even had my coat off when I noticed this so I called down to the front desk and they moved me pretty quickly. The walls are so thin that I could hear the TV on in the next room and even was awakened in the morning by someone else's alarm clock.
The air conditioner in the room was so loud it would wake me up everytime it cut in. The room was ok but the carpet in the corridors were all unravelling and needed to be stretched as it was like waves. I had to stay at this hotel for work but have to say I will try to find something other than this one.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing matters from your week long hotel stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for this unacceptable experience. Please contact me at your convenience as your complete satisfaction is very important to us.
COLUMBUS
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed at Hamilton Sheraton for three nights.
Pros: next to Hamilton Centre which was where we attended a weekend event. Rooms recently renovated. Good value for $ and location.
Cons: Limited "good"eateries. Crepe place just inside mall is ok for breakfast. Three Tim Hortons nearby (1 in the mall attached to the Sheraton but not open early on weekends). We drove to eat a nice dinner (note lots of oneway streets, but easy to navigate in Hamilton). Mandarin has the best Chinese (and it is not limited to Chinese) buffet we had ever seen, which is about a 10 min. car drive away.
Parking: You can park in the parkade under the hotel...tight vertical spacing but really access was easy.

Room Tip: There is a balcony patio area off the 3rd floor....so you could request it or request to avoid it.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for your 4-star review!
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Check in was easy. I was disappointed when I opened the door to my room as it smelled like a bar. The was the odour or stale cigarette smoke. I had a chuckle when I read the notice that all rooms are smoke free and I could be charged 240 bucks if I did! I don't know what they do with the money but it didn't seem to be used to remove the odour.

There is only one latch on the door which didn't make me feel so safe but I was only there for one night.

I decided to order room service and found a paper, very used and wrinkled copy on the desk. The food was good and the service was prompt.

There are no safes in the rooms. This is unusual for a business hotel.

The Internet in the room is not wireless and it will cost you 10 per night! Again this is not really acceptable for a business hotel.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was standard. The lobby, restaurant and lounge were nice.

I don't think that the hotel is worth the price even though it is downtown.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Your feedback is valuable to us – Thank you! Our goal is to provide a comfortable and restful stay to all guests. It’s true we expect to provide a 100% smoke free environment - you absolutely should not have stayed in a room that was not comfortable. I do want to mention that all guest rooms have wired and wireless internet too; safes are available at the front desk (understandable not the same as having in-room convenience); and all guestroom doors have a door handle activate deadbolt and more noticeably a secondary latch locking device. Thanks again for sharing your comments.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Sheraton for one night while I was in town for the Around the Bay Road Race. The property was reasonably well maintained, the customer service was excellent and the location couldn't be beat. It is almost attached to Copps Coliseum and is connected to a mall.

I stayed in a King room with a friend and had a good night's sleep. The bed was comfortable and the room was quite spacious. Upon our arrival, we found hairs on and in the sink and on the floor. We were not very impressed with the housekeeping but it could have been an isolated incident.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again based on its good location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Peter T, General Manager at Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thanks for sharing your comments!