“Great dependable meals for a new restaurant”

Caro Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #34 of 1,494 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 20
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Was in Hamilton for my Mother's viewing and wanted a decent meal and wine between sessions. Came here and for a new restaurant this place was really good. We shared the calamari at the start which was excellent. I had the pappardelle with mushrooms, my wife the short rib lasagna and my nephew the rigatoni. All meals were well executed and very tasty. We were there at 4:00 and had 2 hours to kill and Rob our waiter was very accommodating to us. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018
Cory T, Owner at Caro Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

We were happy to have you here. Rob is very lovely and is great to spend a few hours with! Hopefully we will see you back under better circumstances!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

The Caro is an amazing place to eat, and I'll definitely be coming back for more! Half of the reason I'd come back is because of the friendly, open atmosphere. The staff were very welcoming, happy to talk about the great food and restaurant's history. We spoke to Cory, the owner, and he made sure to stop by several times to check in. The service was quick, and we were offered seats at the bar, until a table opened up.

The restaurant is situated on a street corner with lots of natural light. Succulents in colorful pots are placed at each table and really pop against the white-washed walls.

The food was unique and different. My mom and I had the pizza on special--asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, on a white cream/white wine based sauce. The pizza dough is a sourdough base, and very soft and chewy. I will definitely be having that again! For dessert, we had tiramisu and gelato. The tiramisu was very tasty, light, airy, with lots of sweet custard. My mom had the chocolate and mango gelatos. I'm not usually one for mango gelato, but this one was delicious!

Thanks again for the amazing service and great meal!

2  Thank Annika Y
Cory T, Owner at Caro Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Hi Annika,
It was great meeting you! I am very happy you enjoyed your experience! I look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Caro Bread is fabulous! We enjoyed the lasagna, carbonara and carnivore pizza. All very good. The Tiramisu is fantastic. They do a great coffee too - we had latte and cappuccino. Service was prompt, friendly and attentive and the cost was reasonable. We will be going back soon. Can't wait to try their brunch.

1  Thank gail873
Cory T, Owner at Caro Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for these very kind words! We love our coffee around here so it was important to us! When you are back for brunch, try the porchetta Benny or the Gnudi breakfast!

See you soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We were heading down to the Sew Hungry food Truck festival and decided we would have dinner here instead. We were greeted very quickly, our host and server were very friendly. We both ordered beverages and they arrived within seconds, I was extremely surprised by how good the service was. We started with calamari, it was lightly battered with marinara and aoli sauce, it was great, perfect texture. Our dinner arrived in about 20 minutes, I ordered the Carnivore pizza and my guest had the gnudi pasta. We were both very happy with our meals. The attention to detail was incredible, the flavours were perfect, my pizza was savoury and sweet. The gnudi pasta was a perfect, melt in your mouth. We can't wait to go back, maybe brunch next time. Well done guys!!

1  Thank thisiscliff

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed everything!! Cant wait to have you back!!

Reviewed 6 May 2018

I was very pleased at the level of care taken by the staff. The service was efficient and pleasant all with a casual atmosphere. The food was very good, especially the 'Caro Bread'. Very good variety of wine by the glass for a small place. They have been very busy almost every time I have passed, but I found they do try to accommodate everyone as they enter. I am happy to have another choice, with quality, in the area.

1  Thank Li M

Hi Li,
Thank you for joining us and providing us with this kind feedback! We are happy to be in the neighborhood!

We hope to see you soon!