“Best Breakfast”
Review of Vienna Restaurant

Vienna Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 414 Restaurants in Guelph
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 11
Description: Start your day off with a delicious breakfast at Vienna Restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Guelph. At Vienna Restaurant, every dish is created using only the freshest local ingredients. We offer quick breakfast plates including omelettes, eggs benedict, and our famous pancakes. For lunch we have our handmade schnitzel, wholesome wraps, burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads and daily changing blue plate specials. Come back and see us after lunch to satisfy that mid day sweet tooth with one of our homemade slices of pie or cake.* Best Schnitzels In Town* Vienna's Famous Breakfast* Homemade Burgers and Fresh Cut Fries* Soups, Sandwiches and Salads*Homemade Pies and Cakes*Shaw's Ice Cream Parlour* With our casual, family-friendly atmosphere, paired with a straightforward and tasty menu, we strive to make Vienna Restaurant your home away from home.
Reviewed 27 April 2018

My friends and I consider this our go-to breakfast joint. The food is great and well priced. I got "the MacDonnel" the last time I was there, and it was excellent, as usual. The service is friendly and I really enjoy the staff there. I highly recommend this place. Heads up, around 9am it gets pretty busy and you might be waiting a few minutes for a seat.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I enjoyed my recent return to Vienna. It is a Guelph mainstay - been around for years and years. That to say that the seats reflect that reality. It was quite a surprise to sit down and feel like I was sinking into the booth... I may have even felt a spring. A bit more padding/refurbishing would improve the overall experience.
However, I can't complain at all about the quality of the food or the service. Both were quite excellent. Certainly up there with local breakfast options.
I'll just choose my seat more carefully next time.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Amazing Hollandaise Sauce! Breakfast specials every morning during the week. Staff is super friendly and doesn't matter how busy they are they are on top of everything.

1  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant started in 1901, and although I have lived in Guelph for 16 of the last 18 years I had never heard of it.
We went for a late breakfast and the place was very busy but service was very attentive and the food was top notch for breakfast fare at very reasonable prices.

1  Thank Calum M
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

The jaeger schnitzel was deliciously hot and perfectly done. The veal cutlet was a buck twenty five extra but so tender and tasty! What a deal! I was pleasantly surprised at the portion size. It was HUGE!! A good size serving of authentic german potato salad and a fresh garden salad presented by courteous friendly servers made this one of my best restaurant experiences in Guelph. I used to think of the Vienna as only a breakfast place. I highly recommend the lunch choices. Oh, they do serve breakfast at lunch too!