All reviews front desk parking charge parking lot king suite separate bedroom late check wedding reception coffee maker visiting family stone road a great stay bed was comfortable pull out couch convenient location housekeeping staff stayed one night nice room
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Clean rooms, great food during the conference and fantastic liaisons from tech to food service throughout the symposium. As one of the facilitators I appreciated that the answer was never "no" it was either "absolutely" or "let me sort that out for you" and friendly service at the bar and in the restaurant. Front desk encounters were lukewarm but otherwise - great job!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We booked a 1 bedroom suite with king bed, and queen sofa bed, very clean. We didn’t have to pay for parking which was nice even tho the signage in parking lots has auto pay park machines all around . For the price of room you would have thought they would have offered some sort of free breakfast , even coffee, fruit & muffins, as most hotels do now a days.
We booked as part of a wedding block.
I would recommend this hotel .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2018

My Husband is in Quelph on work (from Australia) for 6 nights and the Company put us up at the Delta. After reading through several reviews I was not expecting much and was a little worried. However, on our arrival everything was as it should be, our room was ready, clean and tidy and quite spacious (5th floor king suit). The staff have been nothing but helpful and I must give a special mention to Daniel on Reception for always making me feel special. Nothing has been a problem for him and i’m sure he’s like this with everyone. The Breakfast is good but limited and the staff in the Restuarant/Bar are very Friendly. The only thing missing is a Safe in the room. Great Experience so far.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I am not a fussy, unreasonable or overly demanding traveller but the delta managed to consistently mess up from the moment I checked in. I booked a 4 night stay to get my daughter to university and had reserved a suite, which had a pull out sofa bed and then a separate bedroom. The person who checked me in said if there were any extras I needed to just call and ask.

Upon arrival in the room, i noted that I would need a few extra towels and more conditioner and I couldn’t find the bedding for the pull out bed. I advised the front desk by phone that night of my request and told them there was no hurry and the item could be delivered the next day.

I then went to have a shower and found hairs in the shower. They weren’t mine and they weren’t from a head and there was a lot of them. So I called down again and asked for my shower to be thoroughly cleaned the next day as it was already late.

The next day upon my return to the room discovered that there were no extra supplies or bedding (thus I had no place to sleep) and the bed had been made but the bathroom hadn’t been cleaned. The hair was still there. I phoned again and asked for the supplies immediately but said that we couldn’t have the bathroom cleaned as again it was late and everyone was tired and wanted to go to bed. I asked for it to be done the next day.

They then supplied us with a coupon for breakfast the next day. Not much of a gift as the breakfast was horrible as I had it the day before. But we were going to use the coupons as we had a tight schedule to get my daughter into residence at the U. We went down, no body helped us at the restaurant for 15 mins. They walked by us several times however and saw us standing there. They finally came over and said it would be at least a 1/2 hr wait. We didn’t have that kind of time so went without breakfast not blaming them for the wait but was made that they ignored us for the first 15 mins as we could have made a choice to go get McDonald’s or something, but we ran out of time due to their poor service).

So we went to get ready, hungry and with a dirty bathroom. When I finally got back at the end of a long day, the bathroom was still not clean!!!! I asked to be booked into another hotel and was told every hotel in the city was full. I lost it and asked to speak to the manager. The head housekeeper eventually came to my room and was quite impatient with my story. Then I showed her the bathroom and she agreed it was disgusting and cleaned it right then (while speaking with her I also noted a dirty napkin on a chair that should have been removed by housekeeping).

She offered me a free stay at the Marriott. I pointed out I lived in calgary and my preference was to fly my daughter home, not to stay in a poorly run hotel. She also offered me the free breakfast til the end of my trip (which I ate, and it was still terrible).

I then went to bed the last night of my trip, the fire alarm went off at 3 am and we had to leave the hotel (can’t blame the hotel I guess but disruptive nonetheless). Couldn’t sleep after that. It went off again in the am while I was in the shower and we had to evacuate again. Obviously a problem with their alarm system.

I did receive a coupon for a one night stay at the Guelph Marriott. What? You expect me to travel 4 hours by plane from calgary to stay at your crappy hotel for one night?? It was the ultimate insult. Add to that spiders in the room and ripped (and poorly repaired) and stained bed linens it was hands down the WORST hotel experience of my life. The state of the room combined with the poor reaction of the staff to my concerns was incredible.

Contrast this with a Coast hotel that I am currently staying in. Huge spotlessly clean room, amazing free breakfast (eggs Benedict and smoked salmon, fruit crepes and flavoured waffles on the buffet every day), staff that goes over and above to respond to your every request, and unbelievable housekeeping service I know where I’ll spend my money from now on.

PS When I complained at the Delta Marriott, staff initially blamed me for housekeeping not cleaning my room because I said I didn’t need daily service. I explained that I corrected that and made a specific request for cleaning once I discovered the state of the bathroom, and they still blamed me!!!

Do not stay at this hotel!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Samijj01
Delta Hotel G, Guest Services Lead at Delta Hotels by Marriott Guelph Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Samijj01,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your thoughts and feedback regarding your stay with us. It is very apparent we missed several opportunities while you were here with us and we are very disappointed, as you rightly were. We hope you can accept our apology for falling short of meeting your expectations regarding everything from staff service to the breakfast experience you had in our restaurant.

We have shared your feedback with our team to address the concerns you highlighted promptly and we appreciate knowing where improvements can be made. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you will give us another opportunity to make your next visit flawless should you decide to visit your daughter while she is at the University.

Best Regards,

Sara D'Angelo
Guest Service Lead
Delta Guelph Hotel and Conference Centre
sara.dangelo@deltahotels.com
519-780-3700

Reviewed 4 September 2018

I am a frequent visiter to this hotel. this trip I booked a room with points so the room was prepaid for 3 nights. I get to the hotel and there is no room for me and my family. The person at the desk apolgized and said that they would cover our 3 night stay at a neighbouring Marriott hotel (6 km away) since we had really no choice we took the offer. When we arrived at the other hotel they said they only had room for one night for us. It was late we stayed with the assurance that this issue would be resolved in the morning. When I checked with the desk in the morning nothing was resolved. I got in contact with the Delta explained the situation and the person said the girl at the desk was mistaken and that they would only cover one night of our stay not the 3 promised and that they are working with the hotel we are presently staying at to secure us a room. We stay at the Delta because it is close to the University where we were moving our son in for his second year. I do not understand how you overbook a prepaid room it is not like a reservation where people do not show up you had the $1000. already, and then retract a promise that and employee told us to move to another hotel. Also the time to travel between hotel and the university. I will not stay at this hotel again and will not use Marriott's if i can avoid it.

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank SAN1959
Ashley D, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Guelph Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear SAN1959,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. I do apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reservation at our hotel as well as the miscommunication that took place. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent this miscommunication from occurring in the future.

For your inconvenience, we would like to offer you a complimentary night with us in the future. Please let me know the best contact number and time to reach you, or feel free to contact me via phone anytime at 519-780-3700 if you wish to redeem this. I look forward to speaking with you in order to restore your confidence in the Delta Hotels Guelph Conference Centre.

Ashley