All reviews the main house cloister room wine tasting walking trails high tea wood burning fireplace beautiful property the main dining room course dinner special occasion relais chateaux country breakfast turn down service chef jason grounds are lovely lamb dining experience
Reviewed 18 May 2015

Beautiful property, had been many times for lunch - first time overnight and dinner. We stayed in a basic house room., top floor. Quite dark -we would prefer the lower floor with larger windows or other types of rooms for next time. Air conditioning only went to 70, nothing cooler. Not all rooms have tubs so if you want that better ask when you book. Service A1 and food incredible--thank you. Spa staff and services very nice. Only surprises to us were no room service options for the morning (we are toast and coffee people, don't need a huge buffet). There was nothing available for this. For a price point of this hotel I think this should be reviewed (even an area to pick up continental options and coffee to bring back to room??) PS Please replace your hairdryers, they are awful -very poor quality and don't work well.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JillJ77
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Beautiful campus, amazing historical building. Dinner was great, and the service staff was remarkable: Very attentive, courteous, and prompt. I would love to attend a wedding or reception here! I was only here for an overnight stay, but I want to come back and experience everything that I missed!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

Absolutely lovely. One of the best beds I've ever slept in. The room decor was extremely beautiful. And the bathroom was perfect, from the shower (plenty of water from a spout directly--and high enough--overhead) to the separate room for the toilet. Downstairs, we enjoyed the billiards table, had a nice walk on the grounds, and planned to come back sometime when the pool is open. Lastly, and best of all, service was excellent by all parties.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2015

Wonderful evening away at Langdon Hall this past weekend. Most impressive is that all your needs are anticipated. Exquisite food, service and hospitality. A relaxing retreat away from the city set in a picturesque countryside. Recommend to all. As an event planner I have experienced many beautiful properties, and this does sit in my top five. Congrats Langdon Hall keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2015

I will start with the good and positive - the service at the restaurant was fantastic. We were there for a girlfriend's spa day and lunch bridal shower and our waiter was attentive, engagement and provided top notch service.

Now the so great but keep in mind this is based on the Reflexology appointment I had at the spa. I understand from the other ladies they received wonderful massages. My Reflexology was performed by Kim, she was extremely nice BUT I felt that she was not a novice practitioner at best. Before we started, I told her that I could take a lot of pressure as I receive Reflexology on a monthly basis. Although she hit some of the standard areas, her touch was extremely light. It did not feel she was applying even medium pressure - perhaps she did not have the ability to because she had weak fingers or she was extremely inexperienced, likely both. The 55 mins was a complete waste of time and money - 1 star rating for this service.

When i went to pay, the receptionist never asked how the service was, I had to say "Can I provide some feedback?" at which point she said "sure", all smiles but then as soon as i said "It was not great", she stopped smiling but she did not ask me to elaborate further and just said "ok, i will tell her" (meaning the practitioner). Poor Customer Service training... The charge was $113.00, needless to say, I did not tip and they did not offer a discount.

One other item, the charge for beverages are ridiculous - I ordered a round of Mimosas for a toast - 7 in total, the bill was $174.00 (incl tax). That's high end bar prices and Langdon Hall is definitely not that.

Not a great experience but I am sure it is probably a nice place for a weekend get away.

I am sure this is a lovely place to stay for the weekend but if you are going to the Spa, ask in advance for an experienced practitioner.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends