“Breakfast/Brunch fabulous!”
Review of Saving Thyme

Saving Thyme
Ranked #2 of 14 Dessert in Burlington
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 14
Description: Saving Thyme offers a variety of hand crafted viennoiserie, tarts, and macarons as well as gourmet sandwiches, delightful quiche, and more! Specialty items - such as cakes, wedding favours, and holiday items - are also available for pre-order.
Reviewed 7 March 2018

I met some girlfriends there for brunch On a Sunday.......was so pleased with the food!! Quiche was amazing....my friend had the Eggs Benedict and it was also delicious! Croissants, scones.....all wonderful!!! Saw the owner working away in the kitchen ....wishing her all the success with this lovely place , which I've heard is expanding to make more room for tables !!!

1  Thank Karen H

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My wife visited this little gem a couple of weeks ago on the invitation of a friend and loved it.

In the least likely spot, truly entrepreneurial, Saving Thyme is quaintly crowded and filled with the most amazing pastries (you’ll think you’ve been transported to some little patisserie in Paris). Delicious to the eye and by all accounts, very tasty too!

We were there for brunch and while it took awhile, we experienced a nice atmosphere and friendly folk - hospitably delicious. Chilly by the door and busting at the seams for more space. Felt a little stretched to keep up on the service side, patience required.

All that said - thoroughly enjoyed and we’ll worth the wait!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

The food was Great and the atmosphere was very much like a café in Europe !

I had the Veggie Crepe and my friend had the poached egg with sauce. Presentation

is outstanding along with large portion sizes ! Thanks Patsy

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Wow - just wow. The croissant is buttery and flakey and so yummy. I had the breakfast sandwich which was amazing. The latte was perfect and I got a croissant to go. I already want to go back.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

I was happy to discover this place on TripAdvisor as I usually prefer cafes in Toronto or Hamilton. I've been living in Burlington for years and frequent this plaza and drive by often but never noticed this spot. It's hidden away.It's beautiful inside. I was excited to have a cafe close-by. However, it all fell a part with the service. The barista was very cold, seemed annoyed and despite my cheerful interaction, continued in this manner. She treated other customers in the same way. I selected a combination of baked goods and a espresso beverage. All were good, but the service was a big deterrent. Prices were fair. I'd be willing to give this cafe another try as I want to try their breakfast, but I won't return if the service is the same.

3  Thank Good2GoTravelers
Alexandra K, Owner at Saving Thyme, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Hi Good2GoTravelers,

Thank you for your feedback; I'm so, so sorry to hear about this. We honestly strive to give everyone who walks through our doors an incredible experience and I'm sad to hear that we missed on providing you with fantastic service for your visit. To be honest, this is really uncharacteristic feedback for us so I'd be grateful if you could reach out to us directly so we can understand a little better what happened. In any case, please say hi the next time you're in; we are really looking forward to having you join us for breakfast!

Cheers,