“Superb”

Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Food quality excellent as was wine. Portions are more than adequate but not your usual largest so common but never eaten.

Great hosts.

Menu is simple but delicious

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

You need to know that portions are small and prices are high. This is not a diner. This is fine dining unlike anything else in Burlington or the near surrounding area.
DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT HERE.
The pride, the service, the ingredients and the tastes.
If you can derive satisfaction from a dining experience, then try the Blacktree.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

The food is amazing, the Chef is amazing, the service is amazing. I'm from Toronto and miss true fine dining (which is lacking in this City). Blacktree is my go-to when I want something special and impactful. You can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went here to celebrate our first night out since the birth of our baby daughter 5 weeks ago. The best part of the evening was stopping by McDonalds after the meal, ordering 2 cheeseburgers and a sundae and being given them for free because the debit machine was down!

The Good
Service was attentive and prompt. The soup was delicious and the Limoncello was nicely poured. The $90 bottle of wine was nice. The atmosphere is very nice. Pretty plates.

The Bad
The prawn was bland. The portions are extremely small.

The Ugly
Fois Gras was full of veins. Veal was cold. No extra bread, the bread we were given was burnt on top. Ridiculously small portion of butter with no other butter available. The Meringue on the baked Alaska was burnt. The scallop was bland. Gnocchi was too small to be good.

The bread and butter situation was really upsetting. The plates were very small and being able to soak up the sauce would have helped to fill me up. I was told the bread is made based on reservations.... only about a third of the restaurant was full, maybe a quarter. For $400 you should give me as much butter and bread as I want.

All in all, this was a very disappointing experience for $400. If it was $200, I’d give it 4 stars. The food is overall good to poor and the portions are just ridiculously small.

We literally went to McDonalds after.

Sorry Matteo.

1  Thank Steve76_1998
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We travel extensively and Dine at highly rated great restaurants. This was such a let down. Presentation was lovely but the location had us viewing a back alley with garbage bin runs during dinner . We are not big eaters but found the portion sizes ridiculously small. We don't mind paying for a great meal and experience but this was neither. We would never be back and would advise our friends to steer clear.

1  Thank skip123356