“The worst birthday experience ever!”
Review of Wok of Fame

Wok of Fame
Ranked #12 of 732 Restaurants in Brampton
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Wok of Fame, our crew of all-stars is dedicated to entice you with pleasure for both your eyes and taste buds. Located in the City of Brampton, Wok of Fame is a unique all you can eat live cooking buffet restaurant. You can enjoy the finest and freshest collage of Western and Oriental cuisine prepared right in front of your eyes. Our collage of fine food consists of sushi, wok dishes, teppanyaki, hot dishes, soups, pastries, salads and desserts. Help yourself to soft drinks and juices at our drinks stations, or order from our breadth of alcoholic beverages.
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My family recently went to this restaurant for my birthday. We were a party of 15. We had 1 child at the age of 4, 3 children at the age of 12 and the rest were adults. While we were getting our food, the waitress kept coming over to my table asking me who is paying for what.. I asked her to give us a moment as we were literally eating and some were out getting food from the buffet. She came over about 5 different times and I advised her that we would let her know when all of the adults come back to the table.. she continued to pursue me for this info and I was the birthday girl.. then she dropped off a paper and pen to my table while I was eating to ask me to put the names down.. So when I finished eating I wrote the info down detailing the name, how many adults and how many, if any, children were under 12. Well she came back asking who was 12 at the table .. then proceeded to get the manager who came over to the table in front of everyone in our party as well as the other customers, and told my sister that he was going to go to our children and ask them for ID.. This was the beginning of a horrific end to the evening. She advised him that he WILL NOT approach our children to ask their ages. Anyways after a lengthy conversation with the manager, he said next time he can ask for it.. which is BS.. but then proceeded to add an extra surcharge to each person's bill saying that they " just can" do this. this surcharge ranged from 6.00-20.00 and it depended on the person. We challenged that too as we planned on tipping the waitress.. but that was quickly squashed. but that's not all.. Now we are paying the bills to leave and the person taking the money then said that we had to pay an additional 10% on top of everything!! We refused to pay all of these extra charges but were paying for what we owe and at this point, minus any tip. (Collectively we paid over $600.00 so its not like dinner was cheap!)
This was the worst restaurant experience we have ever encountered.. The service was the worst I have ever seen and with the mediocre tasting food, we will NEVER GO BACK to this place!

1  Thank tasha9242017
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

This was a great lunch with my wife. The meat selection, wok bar, and typical chinese fare was fantastic. The dessert selection was limited but acceptable. It'd be nice if they're going to serve ice cream, that they also serve chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or some other array of options.

The serve your own drinks was great - bottled water too!

We came at lunch with very few other tables, but I can imagine a busy night here would be treacherous at best to try and get the "good" food at the meat counter.

Otherwise, service was good and the food was appetizing! Comparatively speaking, I would prefer the Mandarin next time if it was within reach.

Local buffet ranking in the area:

1 - Mandarin
2 - Wok of Fame
3 - Spoonful

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Company suggested we go to the Wok of Fame. Not my first choice for domestic Chinese food but that's what they wanted.
Over all the service was typical, food was good, but the selection & variety of food items was not to my taste.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The meal was ok. They are willing to cook a stir fry made to order. Doesn't have the quantity of food that other buffets have.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Went to Brampton's Wok of Fame for lunch on a Friday afternoon with a party of 6 (two seniors, two adults and two children). The Wok of Fame is tucked away in a busy plaza at Hwy 10 and Ray Lawson Blvd. This was not my first visit to the Asian buffet which is similar to places like Mandarin and other AYCE places that have become very popular in terms of dishes offered and price. On a week day, regular price for an adult buffet is $16.99, with 20% off for seniors. children pay only $8.50 and my son, who just turned 4, cost only $2.00. Definitely reasonable. The buffet offers a host of dishes (apparently over 170?) and a rather extensive dessert selection. the claim to fame of the feedbag restaurant is the "live cooking" feature where guests can select their items and have the chefs stir fry their dish in front of them. There is also a grilling station where you can select your protein or seafood of choice and it too will be cooked to your liking as you watch. Sushi station has a sushi chef preparing fresh hand rolls. While there was a sign that said "Sashimi", I did not see any and assume that is a perk for only the dinner service. As with most buffets, it is unlimited refills on fountain drinks and water. At the Wok of Fame, its serve yourself everything, including drinks. For water, there are fridges filled with bottled water (not exactly environmentally friendly and wasteful in my humble opinion - but I guess wastefulness is probably the biggest thing that can characterize a "buffet"). the dining area is very large and can seat over 500+ people. It seemed to be quite full with a bustling lunch crowd during our visit but never did we have to wait to get our food. Waiters were not attentive and let the plates pile up on our table. Even when we were attempting to square the bill at the end of our meal, it took some time to get one of the staff's attention. Overall, good bang for your buck and certainly a lot of choices.