“Take out was terrible”

China Gate
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2015

Ordered a dinner for 4 here a few days ago. The honey garlic spareribs were like wood and very stale. Other dishes were ok but nothing special. Will not be ordering there again. Was not worth $48 plus tax.

Reviewed 19 January 2015

Last time I was there was 2005, then I moved to winnipeg. If owners are still Fanny and Peter Tom, I miss them and the food

Reviewed 1 October 2014

If spicy food isn't your thing, then the "sizzler" specialties dishes are out and perhaps I made some wrong food choices? The honey chicken wings were drenched in a pool of oil when served and the stir-fried veges were just ok. The waitresses are kind and helpful but clearly don't know what's in the dishes either when I asked. This is Chinese-Canadian "cuisine" where dinner for 2-6 people offers chicken balls and egg rolls, and cheeseburgers and omelettes are on the menu. The restaurant interior is dark and dated. We specifically came due to TA great reviews but were disappointed with the experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

A must stop for us for decades. Never been disappointed. Glad to see others agree. Sizzlers are part of our order almost every time.

2  Thank hpaab
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My wife and I went for dinner on May 4th. This is a sit down, full service restaurant and has a very pleasant atmosphere with comfortable seating. Service is very fast and friendly.
We had Sizzling “Szechuan” Beef (14.95), Lemon Chicken (10.55), 2 egg rolls (1.50 per) and coffee (2.00 per). Steamed rice is included.
The food is excellent, and I would say it's the best Chinese food in Belleville.
A definite 2 thumbs up for China Gate.

1  Thank JMC002