“Okay Roadhouse”

Montana's BBQ & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Montana's BBQ & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 518 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Barbecue, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Montana’s is all things BBQ to all people. Whether you’re in the mood for southern style in-house smoked ribs and pulled pork or looking for some Canadian BBQ flavour across our burgers, steaks and sandwiches; Montana’s has the perfect atmosphere to bring the family or meet up with friends. Fire up the good times at Montana’s BBQ & Bar!
Reviewed 2 December 2014

We recently went for dinner and found the food to be just okay. We ordered steak, burger, and chicken fingers. The steak and burger were okay however the chicken fingers did not look edible as they had discoloured white patches on them. They were reordered but came back looking the same. The management apologized and did not charge us for them which I was pleased to see.
I still recommend this restaurant but you may wish to stick to there specialties.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 20 November 2014

Montanas was one of our regular stops for dinner. The service is always good, even in this case the server did all she could. Their steak dinner with side of mushrooms was always good for me. My wife preferred the Beef Rib dinner.Thats where the problem started. Everything was fine as my wife ordered chicken and i ordered the beef Rib dinner for a change. What a mistake ! The dinner arrived and the Rib looked rather well done, no it was Burnt. Not consumable. I tried, but the burnt taste was terrible. I showed the waitress and she said No Problem I will get you a new dinner. Ok I thought. So the new dinner arrives, looks good, till the first cut and bite. Not only is it very rare but also stone cold just under the surface. waitress does not check back with us nor is she to be found. I am starving,so i eat the vegtables and as much warm cooked meat as i can find. Finally she shows up and i show her the so called replacment rib. I suggest they are pre cooking the ribs and reheating them on the grill when ordered. She apoligizes and offers a Free Dessert. We pass. I guess we looked unhappy as she deducted 20 % off our bill for a meal i should have refused to pay for. I feel because we still tipped the min 15% they thought we were satisfied. I also wrote Montanas head office with our experience. Heard absoulutly nothing. Nothing, which is the amount of Business Montanas has seen from us since. Strange reaction or lack of for a restaurant in a city with so much competition.

2  Thank RickNDebbie
Reviewed 29 October 2014 via mobile

Montanas in Barrie on Barrieview Dr is a great place to go for a sper of the monent family gathering I took my daughter, son and their spouses and grandchildren out for diner (we had a party of 8) there was no hesitation on the hostess part when we made special request for a spot with a little privacy so my daughter could nurse the baby our food order was taken in a timely manor and arived very quickly. The waitress was very concious of our needs and our conversations and only interupted when completely necessary. Food came hot and well plated everything looked and tasted great. We never felt rushed to leave and every moment was enjoyable. The staff was very profesional and well groomed. I would recomend this restrant.

Reviewed 25 October 2014 via mobile

Had a great time. Went with our one year old. We were catered to and we'll looked after. The food was hot, came quickly and was delicious. will definitely come again!! Staff was great and very friendly.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

we ordered savory chicken cheese/ tomato and fajita's with beer and special PINA colada strawberry drink FOOD was very yummy

Came here expecting it to be another place we obviously couldn't find, lol
instead, very pleasantly surprised. at the décor and food

April our waitress was very charming professional and funny.
but one comment about the PINA Colada, leave out the strawberry syrup its way too sweet

highly recommended