“We`ll be back”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hamilton, Canada
“We`ll be back”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at your hotel , the room was clean and neat couldn`t ask for better , the people who work there are real friendly and helpful , my only suggestion is you should have room numbers attached to the brick wall above the parking spaces for the ground level parking , every time we went out there was a car in our parking space , no big deal but have to lug our bags to the front door , but a enjoyable stay , take care saranora dnear Hanover On.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Toronto
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed here for a weekend with the team for a soccer tournament. I will start out by saying that the hotel was very accomadating to our rather large and loud group. Check in was fast, they had almost out entire team together (which the kids love), gave us a room for our team pizza dinner, and tolerated loud noisy kids in the halls and the pool area.

I can't comment on the "new tower rooms" as we were placed in "the traditional wing" of the building; traditional, I guess means "a bit old and tired". However, the room was relatively clean and spacious, but a bit dated with older furnishings, a small tube tv, and a bit of a worn down appearance. However, the room did have a good size "mini fridge" and the beds and linens were nice and comfy.

The pool itself was very small, and had a unpleasant green tinge to it.

The location is convienient to #400, but there wasn't a whole lot around the hotel except for a Tim Hortons just down the street.

All in all, not a bad place, but will definitly try somewhere different the next time we are in Barrie.

Room Tip: Request a tower room
3 Thank ToSquareBob1
mississauga
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed here for a soccer tournament. Five of us had a family studio which consisted of 2 queen beds in the main room and 1 bedroom with a queen size bed. There was a microwave and small fridge and a counter with a coffee maker. Both rooms had flat screens. Room was clean (although, like most hotels, the dusting could improve). The bathroom was very clean. Breakfast was very nice and a good variety. We went to use the pool but there were too many kids in it and it is quite small. Good location. Easy access to Hwy 400 and a minute drive up to Bayfield Road. We would not hesitate to stay here again. This was an excellent hotel for what we needed.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here one night and were very pleased. Room was immaculate, comfortable bed, very clean hotel. Breakfast buffet included and all staff very polite and helpful Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Welland, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I chose the best western hotel to get some sleep and rest during my long drive. Let's just say I was not the most satisfied person in the world!! The check in was great and went well, I got in my room and it seemed very clean but as soon as I was ready to go to sleep I got in the bed and got a strong whiff of after shave or man cologne or something of the sort from my pillows. Me being a female I knew this scent was not from me. I addressed this to the manager... Holly I believe her name was? Anyways, she was pretty rude about the whole situation leaving me no choice but to leave and never bring my business back.

Room Tip: Rooms are clearly not fully cleaned!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo