“Pub fare”

Gahan House Harbourfront
Ranked #65 of 816 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Description: From our hand-crafted ales and delicious menu to our beautful patio that has one of the best views of the Halifax waterfront, Gahan Harbourfront has a little something for everyone. Experience the beer. Experience the food. Experience the culture. Come experince Gahan.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Good pub fare and lively atmosphere. Service was great and fantastic time with friends. A good choice.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My expectations were low coming in as I had visited the Charlottetown location and not had the best experience, but Gahan harbour front was superb. The beer was excellent, our server was knowledgeable and very friendly, and went out of her way to make a burger week burger vegetarian for my friend even though it wasn’t on the menu. Everything was delicious and fast and we loved the ambiance. We will be back !! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I have enjoyed many social and business lunches at the Gahan House and thoroughly enjoyed the food and ambiance but I have found the sevice a bit hot and cold at times. For example the reception is warm and the initial seating and ordering is fine but if it appears that you are winding up your visit, it all becomes a bit mechanical as if to get you out the door. On two occasions we did actually depart early as the struggle to order a dessert became a struggle to get someone's attention just to get the bill. In fairness believe the severs were switching shifts but that should really be seamless to a customer.

5  Thank Travellerx4
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I was there for a friend's retirement Party. Gahan has a large room that can either be reserved or just walk in for large parties. They are a micro-brewery and have a selection of local or from the brewery. There are the seasonal and the regular from the brewery. The food is excellent and have a slew of selection. Menu is diverse and does have plates that are GF and some vegan plates. I recommend the fish cake. Only issue is that you only get 3 patties about 3 inch diameter. There are no side dish unless you want to pay extra for a salad or fries.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Overall good knowledge of the brewery and food. My experience was great and recommend it. In the summer they have a very large patio with view of Halifax Harbour.

Gahanhouse, General Manager at Gahan House Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Ted,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a great review! We, at Gahan, really appreciate you and your group choosing to spend your time with us as we know there are plenty of options in HRM. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to our team!

Please come and see us again soon.

Sean Keating

Reviewed 11 February 2018

After walking the waterfront boardwalk, we stopped at Gahan House for lunch. It was mid-week, and not too busy in the fall, mostly the local work crowd. I was all about trying the lobster roll, and one was on the menu. This lobster roll was a nice size, with a tasty filling and a good helping of lobster. The french fries were really great. Unfortunately, the overall experience wasn't great due to the bun - in fact, it was almost 'hard'! Sorry, but a lobster roll needs a soft bun. Otherwise, the service was great, and the view of the harbour was really nice from our window side seat.

Gahanhouse, General Manager at Gahan House Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Dear VNKSmith,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am excited to hear that you liked most of your experience with us. However, I am disappointed to hear that the bread did not live up to your expectation. We pride ourselves on creating fresh and quality dishes but clearly didn't come through for you during your recent visit. Please feel free to contact me personally at (902) 444-3060 or gahan.halifax@murphyrestaurants.ca.

Many thanks,