“YUM”

Ranked #2 of 819 Restaurants in Halifax
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Brunch was incredible, loved the caesar drink! Wonderful, lively atmosphere and very busy. Be prepared to wait for a table. Delicious.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

As a frequent visitor to Halifax I've gotten to know the city and the staples as well as the multitude of uber-chic spots along Spring Garden, but for a treat go to Ednas. Small, fresh, great service and wines, Ednas is not for the tourist to but rather the connoisseur of Halifax.
Regrettably,I have no favorites to share nor must have's and do's, but what I can say is"must go"

1  Thank jpmpinmontreal
Reviewed 31 March 2018

My husband and I go to Edna almost every week for our date night. We have our favourite seats at the bar and try to arrive early enough to grab them. The staff are wonderful; always smiling, efficient and helpful. It's quite a small menu but is well rounded, offering seafood, beef, at least one vegetarian option and gorgeous desserts. The cocktail and drink list is creative and fun. Brunch is crazy busy but the food is worth the wait. The cheddar perogies on a bed of beet puree served with crispy brussel sprouts is my favourite dish, ever! I hope that it never goes off the menu.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I'm writing this more for fellow Celiacs, because I often come to tripadvisor to search reviews for 'gluten'. This restaurant was fabulous and stress free for me. When I asked about gluten-free the waitress was knowledgeable and confident and took my menu without hesitation and marked it up with a pen to show me what was naturally prepared gluten-free and what could be made as gluten-free. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was relaxed and elegant. Altogether an enjoyable experience. This is the second time I've been here and I plan to come back.

One other thing to note - though they do not take reservations, they did take a cell number and texted us when our table was ready, so that we could enjoy a drink across the street and come back. On a busy Saturday night we only had to wait about 20 minutes, so I was impressed.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Edna's is absolutely amazing! I took my boyfriend there who is a little iffy on seafood normally and he was diving right in to the scallops and halibut that we ordered. The ambience is amazing, the service is impeccable, and the hostess/owner Jenna is just the coolest damn gal and suggested the most amazing wines for us. It was a great evening and we can't wait to come back!