The Lower Deck Bar & Grill - Clayton Park
Ranked #35 of 766 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: The Lower Deck Bar & Grill is a new venue, and extension of The Lower Deck Pub. We have delicious food, ice cold beer, fantastic service, and don't forget about our weekly bands. Every Friday and Saturday night our stage has THE BEST entertainment in the city.See you soon!
Reviewed 1 week ago

Slow service (and it wasn't even busy) and food was ok. Nothing that was memorable. Enjoyed the people I was with :)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I arrived at about 1am, expecting to have a beer or two before 2am when they closed, I understood that they would close soon, around 15-10 minutes before close is average for last call but not 40 minutes.

I got turned away, because i was wearing loose pants, so I returned with jeans on about 10 minutes later (around 1:10-1:15), I was let in and paid 8$ to get in, then got charged 3.50$ for the atm fee, they did pay back the cover charge because I was turned away and changed to be allowed in but if I had arrived in jeans I don't know if I would have had that cover charge paid back.

So I go up to the bar at about 1:25am, expecting to get a beer, I get told we had last call a few minutes ago. If they closed at 1:30am I would understand, but they close at 2am, so I am displeased, I would not recommend this place. My first experience has been terrible. I leave less then a block away but I doubt I will ever be back.

Mike C, Owner at The Lower Deck Bar & Grill - Clayton Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Jeff,
Sorry to hear about your experience on Saturday night. I would like to discuses this further, if you could please email me at jchampniss@lowerdeck.ca that would be great.

Thanks
The Lower Deck Clayton Park

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The libations are overpriced.

I gave it a good rating because they always have great entertainment. Go early (before 2030 hrs) to beat the cover charge. Again, expensive. No charge parking, which is always appreciated.

I did enjoy myself & I will go again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first opportunity to have dinner at the Lower Deck. I was looking for something different and our fabulous server recommended one of their specials squash stuffed ravioli in a light curry sauce with spinish. It was amazingly delicious! My husband and I shared a serving of peanut butter cheesecake, a large serving and Yum! Yum!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Nachos are amazing. The Chicken Parmesan was really good too...large serving. And the raspberry dessert was decadent. We like the atmosphere at Clayton Park.