All reviews korean restaurant free parking some tlc close to downtown citadel hill visiting halifax cereal laptop wharf
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This is in a decent location thru the day with nice restaurants close by. My friends (co-workers) and I stayed there for a week. There was at least 3 escorts working there all the time and as many as 6 or 7. This lead to lots of traffic at all hours, when mentioned to the staff they smiled and nodded. It is cheap in comparison to all the hotels in the area but it's a one star, maybe.
They should just turn in into a brothel, that's really what it is.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The staff was friendly, it was easy to find. The room was small, but the bathroom brand new. But the scented products they use were overpowering. I had to use twice the allergy medicine I usually use. I had to wash all our clothes when we got home. The breakfast was nice, standard but I overheard others coughing and complaining about the scents. There is such a thing as unscented odour eliminator. I wish they would use it. I cannot return there.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barb p
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This place is quirky. I think there are actually two buildings connected somehow. The hallways and stairways were a bit confusing, especially when we were trying to find the breakfast room which is down in a basement. But the breakfast was good and saved us some money. They say they have outdoor "decks" on the roof or upper levels, and sure, they do, but there are only a few plastic chairs. There is no real lighting there, so you're up there in the dark. The room itself was clean and comfy. Nice enough. We didn't go there to spend our time in the room. If we had, it wouldn't have been okay. There were several common areas (Oh, I get it! Commons Inn.) that might be good if you're okay with that sort of thing. It was a short walk to the harbor, and it was in a funky neighborhood with some good bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Altough we had a good service at the reception desk, the cleaning was awfull with sheets and blankets negligently throwned back on the bed in 2 seconds. We suggest that the charge half price the second night, since the room is not as well done as when we came in the first night.

Room Tip: The cleaning lady spending only 5 minutes in a room, no room is good. for a second night
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank marcelelamarche1
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Interestingly at the front desk there is a Canada Select plaque showing 3.5 stars rating, how on earth this was assessed is beyond me; I would rate it at 2 stars tops. It is a converted house(s) and is a 25 min walk to downtown Halifax which is no problem. The area is rather shabby and the hotel fits with that. The room was dusty and grubby and furnished with old tat furniture. the bed coverings smelt stale and old and the mattresses were clearly cheap. The shower head was not fully functional and the shower cabin was very dirty around the door.The toilet paper must have been the cheapest found anywhere. The breakfast room was down in the basement level and you had to negotiate past stacked mattresses. The food was the cheapest type of bread and jams etc and nothing that could be called healthy apart from some bananas. Self service yet there was a small statuette with a plate for tips yet there was no service at all. Forget the lounge/common room, you really wouldn't want to sit in this space. Like others we noticed that guy sitting smoking on the door step and the guy playing computer poker in the lobby. Overall it was definitely nowhere near the standard of the other hotels, B+Bs and motels that we stayed in and not recommended.

Room Tip: At the back for quietness as the hotel is on a busy corner/intersection
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple