All reviewsbedford basinbedford highwayadirondack chairscanadian baconbreakfast roomindoor poolwaffle makerhot breakfastyogurtwasher and dryershort drivefree breakfastpeggy's covevery nice place to stayeasy accesshash brownslots of pillows
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Great hotel. Had the room with balcony up front -beautiful view of the harbour, very comfortable queen bed, clean, spacious, lovely staff. Very close to downtown halifax.
I even managed to get up early enough to catch some breakfast once or twice :)
Planning to go back this summer for sure!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2016

First, I think this little place isn't that bad. I'm not really happy to be here as the reviews were better than what I'm taking away from this visit.

First. Massive gap in my door. I can see the hallway from my bed through the door. It looks like at some point the door was kicked in and it wasn't fixed right.
2nd. The pool looks super dirty. Not even thinking of getting in though I was very much looking forward to a swim after driving around all day.
3rd. The bathroom is nasty. Not dirty, but old and stuff peeling off the walls. That's unfortunate.

Out of these things, the big gap in the door bothers me the most as I HATE sleeping in hotels due to noise and this isn't going to help.

Now, the good stuff. The lobby is very nice. The breakfast area also is quite nice. Very friendly folks at the desk. The location is nice also. The price was good.
The room looks very clean also, and the house keeping person left a nice note and chocolate "Hope you enjoy your stay" with a smiley face. Thanks Trish.

I am going to enjoy my one night here I'm sure regardless of the things I don't like (if I can sleep)..

This area has a lot of hotels. I would suggest a couple up the road due to location and distance to food though I can't speak about the other stuff.

Room Tip: Do NOT pick room 119
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Lovemytravels121
Reviewed 7 March 2016

An excellent stay at a lovely hotel, the facilities are great, the room was lovely and clean and well equipted plus the staff are lovely, helpful and very entertaining for our 4 year old. House keeping were especially helpful (Michelle) entertaining our little girl, everyone made us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: get a suite
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

So I travel for work about 10 days a month and have stayed in a lot of hotels. This one by far has the most friendliest staff out of all of them. Always smiling and never missed an opportunity to greet me when walking by one of them. The room was kept as clean as it could be, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was fresh. When I mentioned all this at check out, the response I got was "you can train everything except personality, and that's how we hire". All this for a great price too.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2016

had a great stay at this hotel, very clean. We worked nights, it was very quiet during the day as opposed to other hotels we have previously stayed. The staff here are very friendly...overall great stay, definetly recommend!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business