Comfort Inn Halifax
US$ 129
US$ 266
US$ 233
  • Breakfast included
Future Inns Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$ 146
US$ 145
US$ 113
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 138/night.

Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 142/night.

All reviewsbedford basinbedford highwaycanadian baconbreakfast roomindoor poolhot breakfastwaffle makeryogurtwasher and dryershort drivefree breakfastvery nice place to staypeggy's covehash brownslots of pillowsfront desk stafffirst floor
Reviewed 30 September 2015

We stayed at this property with another couple (family) because it was literally one driveway away from my brother-in-law's apartment complex. Also, I chose this property because I collect Choice Privilege points, and because we can always count on Comfort Inns to be clean. Often we travel with our dogs and all Comfort Inns are pet-friendly. We didn't have the dogs with us this time, I just thought I'd mention it.

We arrived very early--way before the check-in time so the rooms weren't ready. The desk staff were very personable. I wish I had made note of their names so I could give a shout out, darn it. Anyway, they offered to take care of our bags, but that wasn't necessary. We just left everything in the car and my brother-in-law took us in to the city centre for a pub lunch. By the time we got back, both rooms were ready.

This hotel is built into a hillside and is of older construction. Our rooms were near the lobby so we walked "up the hill" (short sets of stairs) to our rooms, located directly across the hall from one another. No elevator--and I'm not even sure it would be possible to have one in this part of the building. I thought it was funny that the hallway is so narrow, I could knock on my sis-in-law's door, without letting go of my own!)

The room was just about the same as all the other Comfort Inns. I think it may have been a wee bit smaller than some, but we weren't there for the lodgings so it didn't matter.

This property is not terribly convenient to the city centre (about a 20 minute drive) and we were fortunate to have a local as our driver. If you are going to Halifax for the city experience, the restaurants and the nightlife, this is not the place you want to stay. Find one of the downtown hotels. From my perspective, it was okay. I got my reward points and I wasn't the one doing the driving, but in all honesty, we didn't spend any time at my brother-in-law's apartment so it would have been more convenient to sight-seeing if we had stayed downtown.

The was a nice looking pool just off the lobby. It was small, but the people who were using it, were enjoying it.

One very nice feature of this property is a large front porch, complete with a row of Muskoka chairs to take advantage of the view of the Bedford Basin across the road.

Breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn fare and I have to say I'm growing tired of the microwaved scrambled eggs, but there were other choices. I'm afraid there was a little less care taken at this property as to the quality and availability of menu items. For example, my husband took a slice of ham from a covered chafing dish, but when he took a bite, it was ice cold. Clearly, it had not been warmed even a little before being brought out. As well, even though breakfast was served until 10 am, when the waffle batter ran out a little past 9, the attendant refused to refill it. I am certainly not suggesting the entire batter container should have been refilled to the top, but I have been in other Comfort Inns where every item is available right up until the cut-off time or when guests all leave the area, even if it means bring out 4 sausages or a couple cups of batter at a time.

On the plus side, when the coffee ran out, one of the attendants brought out the pots and went table to table filling and refilling coffee cups until everyone was served.

Room Tip: Suburban; not near city centre at all.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank mrsgochay
Reviewed 26 September 2015 via mobile

When I complained about a noisy room and inconsiderate fellow guests, the owner made sure I was moved to a very quiet room and personally investigated all problems and ensured they were corrected. Then she gave us a refund without being asked. I was blown away. Cannot say enough good about great staff, wonderful complimentary breakfast, fun pool and large well appointed rooms. Hotel is a few km from downtown but the Centre of new, shopping area of Halifax.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2015

Located 15 minutes outside Halifax, with easy access to downtown. Located in an area so that we do not have to go through the city to get to lighthouses , attractions, or wine vineyards. Again, clean hotel and decent continental breakfast. Staff helpful.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2015

This Comfort Inn was a very nice place to stay. Wasn't that far from the downtown core with parking right on the premises. The gals at the front desk were very helpful and informative. With lots of dinner suggestions and places to visit. We made reservations for 2 nights on the ground floor and very happy we did. We could park our car in front our door. We would go back again. Thanks to all that post on tripadvisor your comments really make a difference.

Room Tip: Overall a quiet hotel. I suggest a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank kathy a
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Clean, convenient location, nice setting. Staff was beyond helpful. When we checked in a woman was ahead of us who hadn't made a reservation and the hotel was full. The young woman working the front desk went above and beyond to help this woman sort out a place to stay--I've never seen someone at a hotel go to that much trouble for someone who wouldn't be staying there. Great service the whole time--very friendly, but not "in your face." Loved sitting out on the front porch. Wish I'd discovered the beautiful trail through the forest behind the hotel on the first day. Really lovely place to walk. This hotel is a gem--I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple