We were on our first holiday in Eastern Canada. We travelled from Halifax to Ottawa over a 10 day period.
This was the first hotel we stayed in on our trip and it was exceptional. The room was clean and spacious. Ours was on the main floor with a door leading to a little patio with a small table and chair set on it. There was a view of what I was told was the "Basin" so I sat at the little outside table enjoying my morning coffee whilst taking in the view. It was a little obstructed after a time as the highway runs past it and when traffic picked up the peace was broken. Still it was enjoyable. Also, the room was equipped with a microwave oven and mini-fridge as well as coffee maker.
There is a rather clean, lovely pool and lobby area that has a computer available for guest use. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating.
Breakfast was better than expected. The dinning area was spotless and the food was hot and fresh and rather enjoyable. There was a good variety of breakfast items to enjoy. I chose fruit and yoghurt whilst my hubby had waffles.
The hotel is only a short distance from downtown Halifax and is it easy to get to the city centre from it's location. There is a petrol station about a mile or so down the road and my husband I walked there in the evening to purchase snacks. The only downfall, and the not the problem of the hotel, is that there are no real sidewalks and the traffic is quite heavy and fast. Although a pretty walk scenery wise, I would not do so again.
I really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Halifax is near the downtown city centre. Business travellers will appreciate the convenience of an on-site business centre with a computer with internet access and fax machine.Guest rooms include refriderators, microwaves, irons & boards, hair dryers and cable TV. Some rooms are available with kitchenettes or whirlpool bathtubs.The perfect combination of convenient access to popular local attractions and great guest services makes the Comfort Inn a great place to stay in the Halifax Area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Comfort Inn Halifax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Halifax Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Halifax Nova Scotia