“Great hotel”

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
oromocto
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel was fantastic. Clean comfortable rooms. Very friendly staff. Amazing breakfast, we were pleasantly suprised as we thought it was a continental breakfast, but this was so much more with hot items too. Coffee and lemon ice water in the lobby was a nice touch. The location was excellent for us as we were about 10-12 minutes away from the Halifax Shopping Centre where our activity for the weekend was taking place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Miscouche, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed here for the fist time during March break. I had some business to attend and brought the family along for the weekend. I have stayed in some of Halifax's' finest 5 star hotels and would return to this one first! The staff is VERY friendly and helpful, the room was VERY clean and updated. We had a room with a full kitchen and separate bedroom (great when traveling w/kids!) Each room had it's own flat screen t.v which was a plus and the free breakfast was great and plentiful! Also a beautiful view right across the street from the Harbor. We had a great weekend and it was all because of our stay here. It is also close to a lot of amenities and a short 10 min drive to downtown Halifax. We definitely recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank amanda l
New Glasgow, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Hello everyone,
I am from New Glasgow
I have been staying at this hotel almost every weekend for over 2 years as I travel back and forth to visit my son at the IWK.
The rates here are extremely reasonable. But most importantly; this hotel has the most friendly outgoing staff who are always willing to go that extra mile to accomodate anyone and make you feel right at home.
They have a phenominal breakfast which runs from 6:30 am - 9:30 am as well as a lovely pool that people can enjoy up until 10 pm. They also have an exercise room as I have seen many people enjoy. They have fresh coffee and tea available 24/7 too. The rooms are always nice and clean and have everything in them that you need and if there is something you need or forgot to bring..they will help you out with anything they can. The staff are also great to help with giving directions to places like the rinks if you are here for hockey, the hospital if you are here for appointments, and general shopping if you dont know your way around. I have stayed here in this hotel in many different rooms and each and every one of them are awesome! my kids love to come here and are made to feel right at home. I call it my home away from home and as my title says.....I WOULDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING ANYWHERE ELSE.

Rita

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Antigonish
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I hadn't stayed at this motel for a number of years. Last time I stayed here, it was very dreay, and worn down. I had a recent business trip to Halifax and decided to give this place another try. I was pleased to find that the property had been renovated. The mattresses were newer and mine was comfortable. My room was clean. The room was relatively small, but big enough for my needs. Another reviewer complained about the small bathroom size. She said that the bathroom was so small that her tall husband's knees hit the door when on the toilet. I would agree that the bathroom was quite small compared to most other Comfort Inn's, but not as small as she described. The sink and faucets were new. The shower enclosure was new.
The wireless internet was very fast compared to other Comfort Inn's I've stayed at. TV was older CRT style. I stayed over March break, so the noise from
children in the hallway was loud much of the night. They were running and hollering in the hallways until almost 1am. While I lay most of the blame at the feet of their parents, I was surprised the hotel staff didn't ask the children to go back to their rooms after, say, 11pm. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

While there are much nicer properties in the Halifax area; considering the price I paid for this place, I felt it was good value for the money. If you are looking for an economical place to stay, I would recommend this property as clean and comfortable. If you are looking for a romantic retreat, there are better choices.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Duley01
Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have stayed out this cozy hotel many times over the past several years. The staff there is very friendly & always helpful. I have stayed in rooms ranging from 2 double beds to the rooms with a queen size bed & whirlpool bathtub (all rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, cable television & free high-speed Internet ). Some rooms have kitchenettes as well. The rooms are always very clean & well stalked with plenty of linens.

They offer a free continental breakfast, free local calls, indoor heated pool, exercise room and pet-friendly accommodations (with an additional charge)

I will book at this hotel again & I hope you found this review helpful :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business