1,629 results
All reviewspublic gardensarms pubbeautiful parkspring garden roadhistoric hotelaveda toiletriesbeautiful lobbyan older hotelwithin walking distancedalhousie universitynova scotiadowntown halifaxfront desk staffan upgradecomfortable hotelcoffee makerunderground parking
Reviewed 29 December 2015

This hotel is downtown, and close to the hospital. Lots of restaurants close by and easy to get to everything. Hotel is beautiful inside and rooms are comfortable. Staff is very professional and really friendly

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Jasper G, Guest Relations at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Thank you for your kind words and for staying with us jennifer_flewell!

Reviewed 26 December 2015

This is an older hotel, but beautiful. The lobby is incredible! The rooms are quirky but huge. The decor is attractive and well done. This hotel is in a great location, close to shops, restaurants and the Halifax Public Gardens. The staff was helpful and friendly, especially the doormen. They had wonderful recommendations for places to eat. We didn't try the restaurant, but it looked delicious. I would stay here anytime!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

And that is a beautiful review RobinSyracuse! I absolutely agree - our location is very convenient and we have an amazing staff. We hope to see you again. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 21 December 2015

Having an elderly four-legged family member who needed to be treated royally, we opted to stay at the Lord Nelson during our summer visit to Halifax. We were not disappointed.

The room was very well appointed but it is the lobby and dining area that deserve the most attention. WOW!!!!!!!!!! In the tradition of grande old hotels, this one is a winner.
Originally built in October 1928, this Hotel is a legendary landmark in downtown Halifax and is close to a major park, shopping and restaurants.

Front desk staff was very accommodating and always ready to answer questions about local attractions or give directions. Parking is very easy in the recently build parking structure connected to the hotel by tunnel.

Breakfast was included in our room and the buffet selection was impressive complete with cold cuts and cheeses, fresh fruit, and the usual eggs, bacon, sausage, and fresh bakery items. The hot chocolate is also worth a mention.

Room Tip: Its a big hotel. You might want to ask for a room near the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank kentwaddington

And WOW to that review kentwaddington, I couldn't have said it better myself! I am glad you had an amazing time during your stay here. You certainly know your history as well! As the oldest hotel in the city, we pride ourselves on the grandeur of our elegant lobby. Agreed - our location and staff aren't too shabby either! Thank you for your review and for staying with us, we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 19 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed here recently and was not impressed with the service I received. Six friends were in the room talking and NOT even watching tv or listening to music at 9:40pm, when we received a knock on the door. A friend answered the door and was told to leave if he was not registered to the room. He waS NOT EVEN ASKED IF HE WAS THE OWNER OF THE ROOM. Sitting on the bed chatting, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. As one of the owners of the room, I went to the door and requested If there had been a noise complaint as it was quite early and was told VERY RUDELY that if they can hear us in the hallway, then Its too loud. I'm curious if they would be randomly knocking on the doors of middle aged individuals prior to 10pm. I was the one who checked into the room and I'm a younger looking mid twenties. This is clear discrimination and it's not acceptable. Avoid this place, there's no free breakfast anyway.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
7  Thank elegantvisitor
Jasper G, Guest Relations at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Well elegantvisitor, I am sorry that your visit was far from elegant. To begin, having six unregistered guests in your room exceeds our policy of the allowable amount of registered guests per room. I thank you for taking ownership and coming to the door of your own room when this issue was occurring. If you didn't receive a sufficient answer last evening, the answer is yes - your room received not one, but multiple noise complaints. And to satisfy your curiosity, yes we knock on doors of any room that receives multiple noise complaints, regardless of the time of day, and regardless if you're 18, 25, or 75. As a young "midtwenty something" myself, I can guarantee you that we don't discriminate against rooms that receive multiple complaints - regardless of age.

p.s. Interesting comment to end your review. For you information, almost all luxury hotels in the city do not offer complimentary breakfast, unless it is included in your rate. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for couple nights on business trip. Everything from parking through to checkout was excellent. The location is great and easy to get to. The staff are very friendly and the breakfast buffet is excellent. I think best bang for he buck in downtown Halifax.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Jasper G, Guest Relations at The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Well thank you for your review and for staying with us Jimmyytravel! I absolutely agree - we have a very convenient location and a wonderful staff. We hope to see you again.