The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
US$ 146
US$ 113
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 133/night.

Future Inns Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$ 146
US$ 137
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
TripAdvisor
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 142/night.

1,432 results
All reviewspublic gardensarms pubbeautiful parkspring garden roadhistoric hotelaveda toiletriesbeautiful lobbyan older hoteldalhousie universitywithin walking distancenova scotiadowntown halifaxfront desk staffcomfortable hotelunderground parkingcitadel hillvictory
Reviewed 30 July 2015

The room smelled like a fresh cigarette, it turns out someone had been smoking in the bathroom. The hotel attempted to cover it up with tons of Febreeze. When I called the front desk they had no knowledge of this fact, I just wanted to make sure that we wouldn't be charged with the smoking fee. When I went into the bathroom the soaps and conditioner were used, there were used cups on the counter and the coffees had not been replaced. We were given a $14 Tim Hortons card for compensation. Not much compensation at all when you are paying that much for a room. Would not recommend.
Also the room was very small and while the main floor decor is very lovely the room itself was below average and on the level of a more budget hotel.

2  Thank joshuakoehn7
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Had a fantastic visit in the hotel. Starting with an upgrade to a suite when our room wasn't ready. Old charming hotel without the rundown or tired look. All the staff (Front desk, valets, cleaning staff ) were very courteous and friendly. Ideally located for strolling Spring Garden Road. Located just across the street from the beautiful Public Gardens.

1  Thank Will K
Reviewed 29 July 2015

The Lord Nelson Hotel is a very nice stay and also centrally located in Halifax. We walked everywhere (Waterfront, Citadel and so much shopping) and felt safe. One concierge , Ryan, stood out above the rest. He has an award winning smile and such a welcoming attitude. We really enjoyed his knowledge of the area and his recommendations. Our room was wonderful and quiet. This hotel meets all expectations and we will be back. Thank you

Reviewed 27 July 2015

We decided a few months ago to book a hotel room so we could enjoy the Pride Festival without worrying about parking, taxis, bridge closures and who would be the designated driver. We decided on the Lord Nelson due to its great location right downtown and also because we had heard good things about it. We already new the "Arms" restaurant on the premises was already a good place to eat. Upon check in I was greeted by Sarita at the front desk and right away I knew I was at a good place that was all about good customer service. Sarita was professional, friendly and gave the feeling she really enjoyed her job. Any question I asked she had a great answer and wanted to do whatever she could to enhance my stay. The same goes for Sam at checkout time. He was fast, friendly and ensured we had a good stay at the hotel. Once again, like Sarita, his facial expressions showed they care about people and the hotel image. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in during my time away from home and the bathroom was so clean it looked as if it had never been used before! The hotel cleaning staff do an amazing job on keeping the lobby, hallways and rooms clean and fresh looking. They are also very friendly smiling and wishing you a good day as they pass you in the hallways. A delicious breakfast in the "Arms" completed our perfect stay. When we stay in Halifax again we do not have to look elsewhere for a hotel. The Lord Nelson met and exceeded all our needs.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

We were at this hotel attending my cousins wedding and the service they had received was terrible from flower delivery being misplaced to a table collapsing on two small children. Thankfully they were not seriously injured. Some of the hotel staff were very rude. After my wife and I paying for $176.00 for our room it was no way worth it. In the room for four, there were two towels, two face cloths, and a very small partial roll of toilet tissue, with no spare so I had grabbed the box of tissues of the counter to find 3 tissues in it. I would NOT recommend this place to any guest!

Room Tip: Stay Away.......
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family