1,160 results
All reviews seasons restaurant underground parking hospital rate front desk staff hot tub dalhousie university beds were comfortable downtown core buffet breakfast close to downtown king bed public gardens nova scotia atlantico commons qe2 surgery
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Stayed for 4 nights in October 2015.
LIKED: convenient location. Reasonable price. Clean room.
DIDN'T LIKE: noisy air conditioning system. No fridge in the room.
Breakfast really sucks. For the steep price of $12 or $16 (depending whether you want hot dishes such as waffles or omelet) the food is not up the the mark: for examples, the waffles were as hard as stones.
PARKING ADVICE: the underground parking would cost me extra $20 per day, but I found free street parking nearby (Cogswell Str, direction east, just 100 meters from the hotel).

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
DOSAtlantica, Director of Sales at Atlantica Hotel Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

We greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience at the Atlantica Hotel Halifax. I am sorry to hear that your air conditioning was noisy. We do regularly maintain all our units, but I do apologize that it seems this particular AC unit was not working correctly. We have a number of value added packages such as “Create your stay” which include breakfast and parking – great options for those guests that are looking for these extras. Also, many of our guestrooms do include a fridge and we are pleased to provide a fridge on request at no charge for guests staying in rooms that currently do not offer this amenity. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Again, we thank you for your constructive comments.
Best regards
Colleen Forward

Reviewed 21 October 2015

We were looked after, treated exceptional when they found it was our wedding anniversary. The value for money was great pool was just the right temperature. And departure time 12 noon made the visit exceptionally relaxed.

Room Tip: I asked for a bath, double bed no problem
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Happy belated wedding anniversary! We are so pleased that you chose to spend your special day with us and if was great to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I hope we will be able to welcome you back for next year’s anniversary or even sooner.
Thank you so much, we do value your business.
Best regards
Colleen Forward

Reviewed 19 October 2015

Hotel has been renovated. It was clean and the staff were wonderful. I had a room on the 10th floor with a great view of the city. The restaurant has a wonderful view of the busy city below. Well priced property with underground parking. Great central location for a business meeting.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2015

I was in Halifax for business at the end of August 2015. Perfect weather to be in Halifax, that's for sure!!! This hotel is in a nice residential area, close to downtown and the local university. Clean, comfortable, great service and nice view. The hotel offers a shuttle to downtown Halifax from 8am - 5pm daily. Its about a 5mins ride by car and possibly 15-20mins walking distances to downtown / harbourfront area. There are some local restaurants, cafes, pubs and grocery stores nearby. The hotel restaurant is nice and offers great meals at decent pricing. The hotel also upgraded me to a room in their newly renovated area of the property.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Stayed on the 5th floor. Gross room, outdated, lots of stains and hair everywhere. No mini fridge or snacks in the room (not a big deal we don't eat the over priced snacks but it makes the room seem like it was just cleaned). The were some towel not a lot. Beds were sunken. There was not a lot of bathroom products. The breakfast we ordered the room, I got pancakes with a pineapple compote on the side. There should not have been pineapple juice IN the pancakes it made me sick ( we asked if the pineapple was on the side, they said yes). I feel sick. Will not come back.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family