Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax
Homewood
US$ 230
US$ 219
  • Breakfast included
Future Inns Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
Atlantica Hotel Halifax(Halifax)
US$ 182
US$ 174
US$ 158
US$ 156
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$ 144
TripAdvisor
All reviewsharbour cityscotia squarein room diningfront desk staffvalet parkingan upgradeliquor storehotel restaurantbit datedbarrington streetworld tradelower deckbusiness triptim hortonsbed was comfortablepool and hot tubmini fridge
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I have stayed at the Delta Barrington several times for business travel. During my most recent stay I had a great sleep in the most comfortable bed in a room that was long enough to have a bowling alley in it. I also love that the hotel is connected by pedway to everything. I did have one humorous observation however; my room was 219 and if you see by the photo I've posted, it does not appear on the directional plaque by the elevator. Not knowing which way to go, I stood there like a husky puppy tilting their head back and forth. Is that? Do I? Where is? Am I being punked? (looks around suspiciously...) Do I run through the wall like the Harry Potter movie? Can I use a lifeline? Phone a friend? I eventually found it but the hotel may want to correct their plaque and check to see if this anomaly exists on the other floors as well. When I showed the pic I took on my phone to the front desk staff the next morning upon checkout, his jaw dropped and he called over the concierge to have a look and we all had a great laugh about it.

Special shout out to Donald, one of the concierges who was actually on his way out the doors to the mall (perhaps going on a break) and saw that I was looking for help. He immediately returned through the doors and was only too happy to come back and retrieve my car for me. Great service!

Room Tip: Room 219 is quite large, once you find it!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Greetings from the Delta Halifax,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. So pleased to hear how you found our hotels to provide great service, and that you would return - despite the mix up in our signage! Reading your review, and to hear you had a great laugh, reminds me that the people in situations make all the difference.

We appreciate all of your feedback; this is how we improve upon the products and services we offer our guests.

Very Best,

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Ok third time here, staff is great stay fantastic. No issue very positive. Brian at the bar top notice. If I owed a bar would steal him away! High recommend. Staff over all much better than most Marriott properties I stay at. Delta a good addition to the chain.

Stayed: September 2017
3  Thank bigtoedave
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Greetings from Halifax,

Thanks so much for your review on TripAdvisor, and recommending us as a great place to stay. It is great to hear from guests how consistent our service is....we do have a great team, that cares about every guest.

I do feel I need to end with....please never open your own Bar....!! We can't loose our Brian.

All the Best -

See you again soon

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The Delta Halifax was an average hotel given the choice in the city. The staff were very helpfu land friendly. The food was also very good and the best competitive differentiation was reasonable delivery charges for the in-room dining! Indeed, at $3.50, you can't beat that....the room was average. The hotel has given them a facelift, but I must admit, it is superficial. The age of the building still shows through -- old shower fixtures, outside hall area etc. The hotel is connected to a mall, which was great. We could go over for a quick walk and get Tim Horton's or Starbucks without having to go outside. Overall, an ok stay but I've stayed at better hotels in the area for the same price.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank 9sylvie
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Greetings from the Delta Halifax,

Thank-you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed our staff and our location overall. I am so sorry to hear the you found the hotel room just basic; we have done some upgrades to our rooms as you mentioned, but a full renovation to your point has not yet happened. Our team strives to maintain clean and well maintained guest rooms for our guests to enjoy each and every stay, which has our guests returning to our hotel as their home away from home...

We hope you will join us again in the future as well.

Very Best

Carey

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in September and was quite impressed. I normally do not frequent the Marriott brand but selected it this time due to the conference rate. The front desk staff were very helpful and my room was ready upon my arrival at 11 am (a big plus). The room I had was spacious and the bed was among the more comfortable hotel beds I've slept in recently. The room was advertised as a harbour view room and although you can see the harbour you need to look past the highway interchange first. Not the hotels fault but don't expect a stunning seaside view. The bathroom vanity and mirror were chipped and slightly damaged but otherwise I enjoyed the room. The fitness centre is also well equipped and large. The hotel is connected to the Scotia centre mall which prevents you from needing to travel outdoors to get to the conference centre in the rain or snow etc. The mall also has a small food court and selection of stores (pharmacy, liquor store etc) where you can get any essentials you need. I found the housekeeping services to be very good and had some nice notes left for me by housekeeping each day. The restaurant/bar in the lobby was also great with friendly staff and I tried the happy hour menu daily.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Mike R

Greetings from the Delta Halifax,

Thank-you for taking the time to write about your experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read your review that highlights our location, our comfortable beds, great food and friendly staff.

We look forward to having you again when your travels take you back to Halifax.

Very Best ,
Carey

Reviewed 19 September 2017

The service we received at this hotel was exceptional. We showed up well before check in time and they graciously accommodated us. Margaret and Scott were especially helpful. The bed was comfortable and the patio outside the room was very enjoyable in the mild temperatures. The hotel was within walking distance to the Citadel, the public Gardens and great restaurants.

Room Tip: Get a room with a door leading to a patio.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank RobinF530
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Greetings from Halifax,

Thank-you for your review for highlighting our Excellent Service. Our hotels location is ideal for tourist and business travelers as we are centrally located in the downtown, and connected by a covered speedway system to many attractions.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Margret and Scott, they will be pleased to hear about your stay!

Very Best, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.