All reviewstempo restaurantvalet parkingthe club loungedowntown halifaxscotia squarebit datedfront desk staffper daywithin walking distancelocation is greathot tubhotel is centrally locatedhotel roombusiness tripthird floorbeds were very comfortablenova scotia
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I've been fortunate enough to travel the global and stay at the best hotels. Until recently, I'd never even heard of Delta hotels. This property has THE BEST staff I've ever encountered. From Kyle at the front desk when we checked in, the housekeepers, Tom and the valet team, the lounge staff, etc. FAR exceeded all expectations. This staff could be at any Ritz, Four Seasons or Peninsula property anywhere in the world. They are all friendly, highly skilled/trained and go "above and beyond." The rooms are well-appointed and very comfortable. The bathrooms have large counter space and come with nice amenities. The location is perfect. Thank you everyone at the Delta Barrington!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

This hotel has top notch staff. From the moment we checked in, until we checked out. we had some of the best service I have ever experienced. Very well trained and courteous staff from the reception desk, bell hop, to the restaurant.

The hotel was also centrally located for us to see all we wanted to see in Halifax when we were there.

And the beds were extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Megan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

We are always looking for ways to exceed guests expectations and I'm so happy to know that we succeeded with you and your family. I hope you enjoyed the Tattoo and everything else that Halifax has to offer. I hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Ok. Public areas seem a little tired. Staff were unfailingly polite, as always in Canada. Well located. All in all a reasonable tourist hotel. Not the best but certainly not the worst. You get what you pay for.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Megan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

It's great to hear that we exceeded your expectations from a service stand point. I sincerely hope that this is what continues to bring you back to our hotel on your future trips to Halifax.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Stayed in town for a wedding and was my first trip to Halifax. I found the hotel awesome. The water pipes were having issues so they gave water bottles daily. The in house restaurant and bar was really good, breakfast was always good. The rooms were clean and in good shape. The location is on one end of the city up the hill but easy enough walk for me down to the boardwalk. Wifi was good and staff was helpful.

Stayed: July 2016
Megan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Thank you for your review of our "awesome!" hotel :) The bottled water is complimentary at all times in Delta Hotels - just another reason to come stay with us again!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Attended meeting for work in the Delta and the meeting space was great! Lots of room and comfortable chairs for a day long event.

We had catering for lunch and break. They were both delicious! Kudos to the cooks. The Curry Vegetable soup was amazing as were the wraps and desserts.

The hotel rooms are very well kept and clean and beds/pillows very comfortable. I usually don't sleep well away from home but I slept great! The rooms are very spacious.

The bathrooms were updated, had new, white towels with wonderful smelling soaps and hair products.

We took advantage of being downtown during the day and even and it is in walking distance for anything you need.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Liam H, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you Tanya for your amazing response. I'm so pleased to hear that the facilities and food made your stay with us that much more enjoyable. Thank you for staying with us here at the Delta Barrington and I hope you enjoyed your meetings.