“Fantastic!!!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

A high school friend (whom I had not seen in over 20 years) and his wife came to visit me yesterday. My husband had not met them before so we wanted a restaurant where we could talk and that had gluten free options. I have been to Ela! quite a few times but never really paid attention to gluten free options. We hit the jackpot!!

We all had something different and all of us were extremely happy with the food. I had chicken souvlaki with lemon potatoes. Excellent. My husband had the beef ribs. He thoroughly enjoyed it. My friend had the lamb chops. He said they were awesome. My friends wife had the beef shawarma and said it was amazing!

The only slight negative for me was that the calamari we had as an appetizer was extremely salty. Otherwise it was cooked perfectly and very delicious. Now if you like salt, then it would be perfect.

Unfortunately we did not have room for desert.

Last but by no means least....Our server was excellent. For the person in our party that is celiac she made certain that everything was gluten free. She made a point to reaffirm that the pita was gluten free (and where it was made) and the breading on the calamari.

It was a lovely evening with excellent food. We will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

A Tuesday evening after a long weekend, figured I would be ok, but really disappointed! My order was taken reasonably quickly, waited for 35 minutes for my order to arrive, I almost asked if my order had been lost! Had the chicken skewer platter, one was good, the other really dry... thankfully had tzatziki to dip in. Had to ask for a knife, had to ask for salad dressing as plate delivered without any...perhaps the staff was slammed because it seemed busy... but not a good impression...

Reviewed 23 April 2017

Our first visit to Ela! was very positive. The food was excellent and plentiful. The roasted lemon potatoes were outstanding and the chicken skewers were very tasty. Good selection of food and dessert.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Ate here a few times, most times meals were very enjoyable. Many food choices. Great dining with friends or a couples night out.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

This restaurant has a wonderful Greek feel! The food is wonderful and full of flavour. Everytime we go we get the same high quality of service and food. They have a large selection of wine and beer. Traditional Greek deserts are fantastic

1  Thank Melissa B