“Decent hotel not far from Halifax downtown” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Toronto
“Decent hotel not far from Halifax downtown”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

We got this hotel through priceline when we went on a road trip to Atlantic Canada. Halifax was a city break between national park camping spots and the Holiday Inn was a perfect place to sleep on a comfy bed and then just walk across the bridge towards downtown halifax. The staff were helpful and check-in process was fast and easy.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I have lived in Dartmouth my whole life, and usually if you want a really good restaurant, you have to go to Halifax. Well, no more. A friend suggested I try out this restaurant, so I took my parents there for their anniversary. They both loved the food, and the atmosphere, and so did I. I will definately refer all my friends and colleagues. The food is SOOO GOOD!!! They even flavour the water with melons. Next time, I might ask for a whole pitcher!!!!

The seafood chowder, is probably the best I ever had.

YOU MUST TRY IT OUT!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Harbour
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I travelled to Halifax for meeting twice in November 2011. On my first business trip to Halifax my family came with me. Travelling with young children can be quite an ordeal at times; but my 3 year old LOVED that hotel. All the staff chatted with her, and she felt very special, and can't wait to go back to the "big city hotel", so when I had to go back to Halifax for another meeting at the end of the month; that hotel was an easy pick for me. The resturant was great, very accomodating in what choices we had for our daughter. AND it was FREE! The food was presented in a beautiful manner, and the waitstaff was great. When going back to Halifax there will be no doubt that this will be our hotel of choice.

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Moncton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

This restaurant has just gone under some major changes. We have had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn Harbourview in Dartmouth for 3 nights in December, for a conference.
The service is ALWAYS above and beyond. This trip we had the chance to try the new Cafe 101 located off the lobby, to say the food was amazing is an understatement, the menu is absolutely delicious. I had the chicken and it literally melded in my mouth, and you can not leave without trying the Warm Apple Crisp with homemade Cream Cheese Icecream....Trust me you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
ns
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2011

My room had to be one of the oldest in the hotel. It was clean but very small and very dated. Other colleagues in my group had way nicer rooms than I.

Went on business for a conference; location was fantastic for that!

The food in their restaurant was good - try the chowder & lobster pasta.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown, Nova Scotia, Canada
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth

Been to Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK