All reviewsroom was cleancape bretonfree hot breakfastspecial thankscabot traildefinitely stay here againdesk staffstaying at this hotelgreat place to stayfridge and microwaveyogurtlloydaliciarenoupgradesferrylouisburg
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I stayed at the Hearthstone Inn while visiting Sydney for a conference. I stayed in a business single king room, and found my room to be exactly what I was hoping for. The bed was comfortable, there was a desk big enough to work at and eat at, a mini fridge that was not too noisy, and a good sized bath with great water pressure and heat in the bathroom. The Inn has a lot of character too it that you would likely not find if you stayed at a similarly priced hotel in Sydney, and between relaxing in my room or eating food in The Commoner (the Inn's restaurant) or taking a swim in their pool, it was a lovely time. I didn't get to try the weight room as it was out of order, but it looked like when it is up and running it would be a good place to exercise.

In terms of the restaurant, I really enjoyed the meals I had there, which was rather important for me since I was fairly busy with my conference during the days I was in town. The waitresses in the restaurant were really nice and the fish and chips, burgers, and sandwhiches were really good. The french fries in the restaurant are hand cut and extremely fresh - worth having if you need a snack. The complimentary breakfast was great (if you like bacon it's quite good here).

All in all I would definitely recommend staying here to folks visiting Sydney. The staff here are excellent and will answer any questions you have about Sydney during your visit. If you're lucky enough to visit when Theresa is working, she is helpful, friendly and knowledgeable about the area and can give you a bunch of tips on your visit to Cape Breton.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Thierry S, General Manager at Hearthstone Inn Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2018

Dear Aedan,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough and thoughtful review, we appreciate the feedback. It is wonderful to read your comments as they reflect the "Unique Boutique" experience we are striving to achieve for all of our guests. I would especially like to thank you for recognizing Teresa - she is truly a gem!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I am a musician who traveled with my significant other to Cape Breton from New Brunswick for the first time to perform. The sleep we had in the King Size bed was the best ever. The complimentary breakfast was amazing, their bar had my favourite bulwark cider on tap, amazing food, and I cannot forget to mention that their front desk staff is the friendliest around. Thank you Hearthstone Inn Sydney for making our trip, not only a business venture but, a true vacation.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and look forward to your next visit. I have passed along your kind words to the entire team as they love hearing great feedback!

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

The heartstone Inn was awful !!!! I stayed at this hotel for one night planned on staying two .When I arrived in my room the TV would not work or Phone ..there was a pool but was out of service !! They don’t have room service they told me , and it was dirty the sheets looked like something you would buy at a second hand store there was no comforter and the blanket that was on the bed smelled Disgusting had to take it off :/ there was a inch of dust all over everything and yucky finger prints on walls door ..the pictures and TV in the room had something all over them :/ the alarm clock was jammed down behind the bed I think it was there for awhile cause it had a inch of dust on it .
..I payed 167$ to stay at this dump :( never again !!! Just drive up the road about 5 min and stay at the beautiful Hampton Inn in membertou:) it’s 130$ a night and clean very clean ...37$ cheaper than the dirty heartstone INN:/
I had the theme room at the heartstone Inn
Room 210 ...lol...what a joke 167$ a night !!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank jennifer8116

Dear Jennifer 8116,
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us, we appreciate the feedback. I have already met with our housekeeping manager and inspected the room personally. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations and hope you understand your experience is not the normal experience at the Hearthstone Inn.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly but the breakfast wasn't what we expected. The last time we stayed the waitress took your order and brotour food. This time we had to get our own including our drinks.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reflecting on your recent stay. You are correct in that our previous breakfast offering was a plated service! We did change to a buffet style in response to requests by our guests who were asking for a buffet style breakfast.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Great little spot, rooms were clean, food at the restaurant was excellent. Kids had a blast in the pool. The staff were very friendly and responsive to any questions we had. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mike,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again and tell the kids - our pool is there pool!