“Good option”

Main Street Cafe & Lounge
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Antigonish
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy one of the best dining experiences in Antigonish, offering fantastic Taste of Nova Scotia cuisine. Our menus feature unique seasonal recipes and flavours that make our restaurant the popular choice for locals and a highlight for many of our returning guests. Casual dining with a professional touch.
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is nice, has a parking space ´cause it is inside a hotel. The food was fine but not out of this world. The lobster mac and cheese tasted of no lobster, and lacked of personality. The seafood chowder was really too rich, it seemed a besciamel. The noodles were fine, and also the fish. I don't want to discourage anyone, I think it's a good option, but not to remember. The staff was gentle and the price reasonable.

Larry M, General Manager at Main Street Cafe & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you so much for your review and I'm sorry that you were less than satisfied with your meal. We appreciate all feedback as that helps us in things we need to change and keep us aware of slipping on the consistency that we pride ourselves on. Thanks again and we hope that you will stop again.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

It was a cold and rainy day so we opted for the seafood chowder, which was good but not outstanding. It was quite thick (not our favourite), but did have lots of seafood and was tasty. Not the best seafood chowder we’ve had on our trip to Nova Scotia but it was by no means terrible. Parking is to the side of the building, there appeared to be quite a lunch rush.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I had the lobster and crab dip . Excellent. Then I had scallop fetticune. Both great . The staff was very attentive also .

Larry M, General Manager at Main Street Cafe & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you so much for your review Sharon and we are very happy you enjoyed your meal. We appreciate all feed back and hope that you will make a return visit sometime. Thanks again and have a great day.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I probably waited close to 30 minutes to get a table, but it was worth the wait. Dinner was really good, had chowder and lobster rolls. Restaurant is located in the maritime inn and on the main strip in downtown.

Larry M, General Manager at Main Street Cafe & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your meal with us. I do apologize for the delay in seating but we are limited and when busy try and get everyone in as quickly as possible. Thanks again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We spent a night in the Maritime Inn which is the main building the Main Street Cafe is a part of.
For late lunch we had a Lobster roll and seafood chowder which was a bit long on delivery (I think a new staff member in training) but not too awful a wait.
The food was tasty and service was fine.
Supper was just as good. Ciabatta Chicken Club went down well.
Breakfast the next morning was a bit of a challenge for our wait staff as she brought bacon with my eggs instead of the sausage I ordered. The rest of my plated food must have stood under a heat lamp while the sausage was prepared as my eggs had gone from over easy to over well. I ate them anyways after all they are just eggs. Had a bit of a wait when I asked for HP Sauce but it finally arrived.
If the service had been a bit better, another point would have been added, but it appears that multi-tasking needs to be addressed with the staff in general.
Even with the struggles there, this is a good value and is worth a shot if you are in the area.