“A MUST stop here!”

Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Antigonish
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Brownstone is a newly opened restaurant offering delicious and unique cuisine ranging from warm paninis and sandwiches to Mediterranean inspired dishes. Enjoy homemade desserts with fair trade coffee while taking in the beautiful ambiance of the extravagantly designed surroundings. The Brownstone is a licensed restaurant with an excellent selection of cocktails, spirits, beer and wine.
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

The best lunch on my two week trip to Nova Scotia. Wow. The Brownstone burger was so flavorful and the beet salad was delicious. Service was excellent. I’ll definitely be back when I’m in the area again. I wish there was a restaurant like this in my hometown in BC!

BrownstoneCafe, Manager at Brownstone Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Thank you so much for this kind review! I'm so pleased we could offer you a great meal and service! Our brownstone burger is definitely a big hit! We look forward to having you again when you're back in the area! Cheers!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

The menu looked great, the restaurant ambiance, pleasant. We were celebrating our 47th wedding anniversary and wanted a 'nice' table. The young woman seating us suggested we pick, and sit at, a little table for 2. We wanted a bit of space so chose a (still small) table for 4. The young woman came over and said she'd told us to choose a table for 2 and that if we chose to sit here we'd have to move if 4 people came in wanting a table. She then wandered away after leaving the menus. We got up and left - walked down the street a ways and were served a scrumptious meal, with attentive serving staff, at another restaurant.

I'm sorry you felt you weren't given a "nice" table. We are a very small restaurant that sits a max of 40 guests and we only have 4 tables that can sit a party of 4 guests. Our servers are trained to accommodate as many guests as possible and to do this, we ask that guests of 2 sit at our tables of 2, as we have more of those. If we allowed all our guests of 2 to sit at our larger tables of 4, we would never be able to accommodate tables of 3 or 4 guests. I hope that you can understand our reasoning. We truly try to accommodate all our guests needs and expectations, but we also need to be considerate of our parties of 3-4 guests. There is a method to our seating plans. I'm sorry we couldn't offer you what you wanted. On a side note, congratulations on 47 years of marriage! If you would like to chat about this further, I'd be happy to do so at brownstonecafe@gmail.com or 902-735-3225. Kindest regards, Shawna Christian - Manager

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Great selection of menu items. The staff were really quick with service and friendly. Would definitely come again!

Stephen, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review... it's muchly appreciated. So glad the staff was a pleasure!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I loved that they had GF options for me as I am only one in party that has a sensitivity! The waitress advised that the fries were in same as others food items with gluten. Thanks for that!

Sheri, I'm glad we could accommodate. We really try to consider dietary restrictions within our menu options. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review - greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We were just passing through town and stopped here for lunch. We had plenty of creative, tasty options. Our waitress deftly answered our questions and helped us select a delightful lunch. The maple curry pumpkin soup was rich and savory with a hint of sweetness. Beets, carrots and goat cheese with arugula made a flavorful side salad for the soup. Our other favorite was a chicken mango spinach wrap served toasted on our server’s recommendation.

If only we lived closer

Linda, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a great review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us. I hope we'll get to see you again!