“great place”

Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Antigonish
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 23
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Brownstone is a newly opened restaurant offering delicious and unique cuisine ranging from warm paninis and sandwiches to Mediterranean inspired dishes. Enjoy homemade desserts with fair trade coffee while taking in the beautiful ambiance of the extravagantly designed surroundings. The Brownstone is a licensed restaurant with an excellent selection of cocktails, spirits, beer and wine.
Reviewed 8 October 2018

Great selection of menu items. The staff were really quick with service and friendly. Would definitely come again!

BrownstoneCafe, Manager at Brownstone Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Stephen, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review... it's muchly appreciated. So glad the staff was a pleasure!

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I loved that they had GF options for me as I am only one in party that has a sensitivity! The waitress advised that the fries were in same as others food items with gluten. Thanks for that!

Sheri, I'm glad we could accommodate. We really try to consider dietary restrictions within our menu options. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review - greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We were just passing through town and stopped here for lunch. We had plenty of creative, tasty options. Our waitress deftly answered our questions and helped us select a delightful lunch. The maple curry pumpkin soup was rich and savory with a hint of sweetness. Beets, carrots and goat cheese with arugula made a flavorful side salad for the soup. Our other favorite was a chicken mango spinach wrap served toasted on our server’s recommendation.

If only we lived closer

Linda, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a great review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us. I hope we'll get to see you again!

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Was passing through Antigonish for business and stopped at the Brownstone for lunch, my favourite spot in town. Lucky for me there was no line up (sometimes it goes down the street) and I was able to get in right away. I come to the Brownstone whenever possible and am always greeted by warm and friendly faces. The staff are excellent and even remember my drink and meal, I’m a huge fan of the red sangria and chicken souvlaki. This time I opted for something different and was not disappointed, the chicken and sausage penne was excellent. Great job everyone and thanks!! Can’t wait until the next time!

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Service was extremely poor and there’s simply no excuse to justify it. Waited 15 minutes for a glass of water, 40 minutes for food. Lobster roll was the worst I’ve ever had, for $20.

BrownstoneCafe, Manager at Brownstone Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Sheilagh:

First, I wanted to touch base and thank you for your feedback. Feedback such as yours allows us to improve and grow as a restaurant. Secondly, I want to truly apologize for this experience you had at our establishment. We really strive to meet and even exceed all guest expectations, but it seems we failed you on this particular day.

I have passed your review of the lobster roll onto the kitchen staff and have chatted with all servers to address prompt service to guests.

If you would like to email me personally at brownstonecafe@gmail.com, I would be more than happy to discuss this further with you.

Shawna Christian | House Manager