Coastal Inn Antigonish
Keppoch Inn(Antigonish)
US$ 81
StFX University Hotel(Antigonish)(Great Value!)
US$ 89
US$ 87
US$ 125
Micro Boutique Living Antigonish(Antigonish)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
Hotwire.com
Claymore Inn(Antigonish)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmother webbstoastcontinental breakfastgas stationpicnic tablessofa bedsplit levelcape bretonthe lower levelconvenience storelarge bathroombagelsfree wifian easy driveoff the highwaythe ownercomfortable beds
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The location of Coastal Inn is very convenient, it's right on the TransCanada Highway slightly outside of Cape Breton. We stayed in a double room facing away from the highway, so we didn't hear much noise and didn't wake up due to noise.

The owner, Jane, was friendly and helpful and gave me a few pointers around Antigonish.

The rooms are quite clean and well-equipped, we had a fridge, microwave and TV, which were unexpected. The lighting in the bathroom was bright, (which is usually a good sign because any dirt or spots would be obvious) and surely it was clean. It's not the best bathroom, but it's functional and clean - wish I can say the same for some other places.

It's a decent motel, nothing amazing, but nothing bad about it. It hits the right spot for being a motel.

Room Tip: Try the rooms facing away from the highway, we didn't have any trouble with noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We only stayed for one night as we are only passing by toward Cape Breton. Upon sending an email inquiry for vacancy, we quickly received a reply with details and pricing of the available rooms. We picked the most economical one, but it was very clean and sufficient for us. Extremely easy to find as it is right on the highway, and we got a room at the back so noise was minimal. It was a small room with a stand-up shower - I would say my only dislike is the shower space being quite tight and water pressure too low. But I'm glad I booked this motel to stopover - saved a good amount of money and had a good stay.

Room Tip: A room at the back if available so you're not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I was welcomed most warmly by Jane. She and her staff were friendly, their motel is
extremely clean! and reasonably priced with fridge, microwave, and very quiet considering they are on the hiway to Cape Breton Island. Only 4 easy miles from downtown Antigonish, across the street from a great steakhouse. I would recommend this home away from home for anyone needing a reasonable, clean, friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2011

stayed here on our tour of nova scotia.it was one of the cleanest places we stayed in the towels was fluffy .room and bathroom spotless.fridge and micrawave clean.the owners very helpful when we asked for help .we was glad to be at back faceing woods as there was no traffic noise.

Room Tip: ask for room at back away from road
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2010

Best experience of my trip in the Maritimes!
I did not expectt such a friendly reception by a motel owner after a stressful travel day and some less satisfying experiences previously in other motels, notably the infamous Berry Motel in Truro.
I was even more surprised by the 2-level wonderful spacious room I was assigned to for only $ 69 (Winter season). It was more suite-like with a "living room" including couch and chairs, table and TV and the "bed-room" with two queen-size beds, a desk, chair, very spacious fridge, microwave etc.
The bathroom was huge with lots of counter space, a hair dryer, shampoos, shower cup and other anemities you find usually not in motels.
The bathroom only would neet a new coat of paint in some spots.
Everything was very clean and cosy.
Free highspeed internet.
I only wish I could have stayed for a longer period. Oh yes, and my dog was also welcomed to stay, I small fee of $10 for which the owner appologized.
There is complementary coffee and local newspapers at the reception as well.

I will be back on my next trip!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business