We were only looking for a place to stay for a group of us for one night and we just settled on this inn, not really expecting anything special, just a place to crash. From the outside, I thought it was a rather plain building, vinyl siding, not big, and to be honest we all laughed nervously, wondering what we had booked.
Well, to say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement!! I have traveled a LOT and have never been so impressed with a hotel room as much as this one. In big expensive hotels you EXPECT certain things. We had no real expectations, just a place to sleep. The first thing that stood out was the outstanding decor, beautiful colours on the walls and beds, plants, flat screen tv (and dvd player with a HUGE variety of movies in the office) very homey, ...felt like a bedroom. EXCEPT it has a fully functional kitchen!! Well equipped with dishes and utensils, a full oven/stove, microwave,and a bar fridge. The entire room was immaculate, clean, and fresh feeling. The bathroom was large, and absolutely spotless. The extras were things you'd expect at a larger chain of hotels... lint brush, slippers, bathrobe, plus a notice that said if you forgot anything let them know. They had snacks like chips, pop and chocolate bars that only cost 1-2 dollars instead of ridiculous prices. We needed a cot which was very comfortable. The showers are usually my biggest complaint. I hate shower heads that only spit lukewarm water on you. This shower was powerful and the hot water could have scalded you if you really wanted it to lol
The staff were very friendly and helpful. There were complimentary oatcakes and hot drinks in the evening and a very nice breakfast include with toast, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, granola bars, pop tarts, juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate.
Fantastic little inn with a big hotel feel, for a great price. I will recommend the Antigonish Evergreen Inn to anyone and everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located approximately 1.5 km from the downtown core of Antigonish and our well known university, St. Francis Xavier. We are known for our quiet yet "in-town" location, friendly, homey atmosphere, helpful service and a healthy continental breakfast. We offer clean and comfortable accommodations with all amenities you could require. Book today and relax in front of our new flat screen tv's with over 400 DVD's to chose from at no charge or sit outside and enjoy the view while reading and enjoy a flavored coffee from our evening treat cart. Our queen rooms have cozy fireplaces for your relaxation as well. All rooms have robes and slippers and ipod/iphone docking/charging stations. For the business travelers we have wifi and/or cabled connection with excellent strength. Visit us today - we promise you won't be disappointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Antigonish Evergreen Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antigonish Evergreen Hotel Antigonish
- Antigonish Evergreen Inn Nova Scotia