“Good pick for northern light viewing”
other travellers have booked this property
Northern Lights in front of cabins Bed Guest House
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Guest House
Northern Lights in front of cabins
Bed Guest House
New fire pit area
Bathroom
Northern Lights over Guest House
Snowmobiling/Ice fishing
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lungyan
HK
“Good pick for northern light viewing”
Reviewed 1 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Simple but clean and well maintained cabin, friendly Dave, spectacular aurora!! I'm glad we pick the Cabin for our first aurora encounter. LIKE! ^.^

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Brenda P
Cantley, Canada
“A Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Right from the start, I felt that this cabin was my home during a 2 week stay in the YK area. Although I had a late night arrival, it was very easy to find and get settled in on my own. Dave and Pauline are gracious hosts, and the neighbourhood bonfires in sub zero temperatures were great fun. There are some easy hiking opportunities very near the cabins and good birding even off-season. Not to mention seeing the spectacular Aurora Borealis right by the cabin. I walked/drove on the Prelude Lake ice-road .. how cool is that ... but I am already thinking of returning in the summertime to see the lake when it is not completely frozen over.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owners and their neighbours.
Liked least: There was nothing to dislike.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Hipperson...
Calgary
“So peaceful - I would book again”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

I booked this cute a-frame cottage for a solo trip to check off an item off my travel list - the midnight sun in Yellowknife - for 3 nights early in July. I was not disappointed, the cottage was comfortable, very clean, and the host was really friendly and helpful. There was a kitchen with gas stovetop, fridge, sink of course and everything you need to prepare a meal (I picked up some groceries on my way in from Yellowknife). The Bathroom, like the whole cottage, was very clean. The bed was comfy and dark curtains helped when it was time to sleep, as it never really got dark. But that was the point! I made good use of the screened gazebo in the yard, sitting out late, reading, and trying to guess how late it was by the quality of the light. I think the thing I enjoyed the most was how quiet and peaceful this spot is, it was a wonderful break from my hometown. I was very comfortable, it was quite private, really quiet, and plus it was very good value. I was really happy with my choice.

There were some fantastic easy hikes nearby in the Prelude Lake territorial park, with the lake, boat launch, and beach about a 10 minute walk away. The scenery in the area was beautiful, just bring your bug spray in summer. The location is about a 30-40 minute drive from Yellowknife, through some amazing scenery that I will never forget. Yellowknife itself is a great place to explore as well, I highly recommend it as a really unique vacation, it's not a place everyone gets to experience and it has some fascinating history. I hope to return to check another item off my list - see the borealis in Yellowknife.

I highly recommend Country Cottage, I would book there again!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Nadine F
Yorkton, Canada
“Our trip to the land of the midnight sun”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed at the Country Cabins in the Guest House. The accommodations and location were perfect for a close to nature experience.

Dave and Pauline are the most gracious and caring hosts. We arrived strangers but felt we left as friends. They were extremely helpful and informative and offered many excellent ideas and opportunities to assist us in making the trip unforgettable.

I strongly recommend this rental!!!

Nadine & Toby

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Dave & Pauline are the most gracious hosts!!
Liked least: there was nothing we did not like
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 84
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing