US$ 175
  • Restaurant
Explorer Hotel(Yellowknife)
US$ 162
US$ 154
Bayside Bed & Breakfast(Yellowknife)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
Yellow Dog Lodge(Yellowknife)
US$ 559
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspolar bearthree nightswithin walking distanceold townnorthern lightscathygalleriesbrewerykettleauroranoisetaxiwintersuiteairport
Reviewed 26 January 2017

The Narwal B & B is located in Old Town and it is very convenient to go anywhere in Yellowknife. Restaurants and galleries are within walking distance. The bus stop is about 10 min walk from Narwal.
The host is warm and friendly. We came in winter and we were pleasantly surprised to see an igloo outside the B & B. Cathy, the host, and her son built it! We had the opportunity to sit in the igloo and warm ourselves.
There is a varieties of beverages and snacks available in the kitchen for guests! There are toaster, microwave, refrigerator, coffee percolator and a small oven. Juice and cereals available too.

We saw the northern lights in Yellowknife but not from the B & B.

In summer, there are a whole lot of activities which the host offers. It maybe a good time to return in summer and try the other activities .

Stayed: January 2017
Cathy A, Manager at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! I hope you visit me again in the summer or fall :)

Reviewed 27 October 2016

This B&B is in a great location to walk all around. Walk right out on to the dock and watch the Northern Lights! Lovely place! Remember not to let the dogs out! You can rent a canoe right there! Yummy breakfasts. Very friendly hosts.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Cathy A, General Manager at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Hello,

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! I am very lucky to have such quick and easy access to the water. I never tired of the views!

I hope you stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Rachel

Reviewed 29 August 2016

A perfect place in yellowknife. we are greeted with a very warm welcome and the location is perfect. you can walk to old town ( it is in the old town!) restaurants and galleries. the rooms are confortable and cosy.
the breakfast was very tasty and our hosts were very generous with local information . we really enjoyed our stay and would go back without hesitation
we were there in july , i think it would be an amazing place in the winter with the northern lights. the B&B owners also run northern light excursions. sound and looks like it needs to be on a bucket list!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of great slave lake
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends

Hello,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! Yellowknife feels like a whole new world in the winter. There are plenty of fun activities! I hope you visit us again and experience my hometown in its different seasons.

Kind regards,

Rachel

Reviewed 28 May 2016

It's on the Bay, so be prepared for gorgeous views, wildlife galore, and opportunities for kayak, canoe, and camping trips, all offered by the B and B. Cathy, the hostess/owner, is wonderfully low-key and really welcoming. The kitchenette has a kettle, teapot, coffeemaker, convection toaster oven and fridge. Easy to walk to Sunlines convenience store, and Your Independent Grocer, so you can cook and eat in, if desired. Cathy provides a lovely, healthy and delicious continental breakfast- we had muffins, mine-quiche, French Toast, and more. Mention any dietary preference and Cathy will tailor to your needs. The premises are scrupulously clean and tidy; cleaned every day by a smiling, efficient crew. You can socialize or be left alone, it's up to you. There's a TV with DVD and VCR, lots of movies to choose from, and a really good library of books. Free WIFI also included. Beds and linens were cozy and comfortable. I will send any guests in Yellowknife to Narwal!

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank Nora D
Cathy A, Owner at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Hi Nora, I am so glad you and John enjoyed your stay, including the views and my little breakfast treats. Please do drop by for coffee next time you are in town!
Best regards,
Cathy

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I stayed one night in the polar bear room. Great location in front of Slave Lake. You can just walk our of the house to see the aurora light at night. Cathy is a friendly and helpful host. I will come again in summer :)

Room Tip: Polar bear room has great view of the lake
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank FrandyMa
Cathy A, Owner at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Hello Frandy, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the aurora danced for you on the lake right in front of the house. I look forward to your visit this summer!
Best regards,