Free cancellation until 27/07
Explorer Hotel(Yellowknife)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$ 163
US$ 154
Bayside Bed & Breakfast(Yellowknife)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 96
Aurora Yellowknife Jenny's(Yellowknife)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
Agoda.com
Yellow Dog Lodge(Yellowknife)
US$ 559
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewspolar bearthree nightswithin walking distanceold townnorthern lightscathygalleriesbrewerykettleauroranoisetaxiwintersuiteairport
Reviewed 28 May 2016

It's on the Bay, so be prepared for gorgeous views, wildlife galore, and opportunities for kayak, canoe, and camping trips, all offered by the B and B. Cathy, the hostess/owner, is wonderfully low-key and really welcoming. The kitchenette has a kettle, teapot, coffeemaker, convection toaster oven and fridge. Easy to walk to Sunlines convenience store, and Your Independent Grocer, so you can cook and eat in, if desired. Cathy provides a lovely, healthy and delicious continental breakfast- we had muffins, mine-quiche, French Toast, and more. Mention any dietary preference and Cathy will tailor to your needs. The premises are scrupulously clean and tidy; cleaned every day by a smiling, efficient crew. You can socialize or be left alone, it's up to you. There's a TV with DVD and VCR, lots of movies to choose from, and a really good library of books. Free WIFI also included. Beds and linens were cozy and comfortable. I will send any guests in Yellowknife to Narwal!

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank Nora D
Cathy A, Owner at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Hi Nora, I am so glad you and John enjoyed your stay, including the views and my little breakfast treats. Please do drop by for coffee next time you are in town!
Best regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I stayed one night in the polar bear room. Great location in front of Slave Lake. You can just walk our of the house to see the aurora light at night. Cathy is a friendly and helpful host. I will come again in summer :)

Room Tip: Polar bear room has great view of the lake
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank FrandyMa
Cathy A, Owner at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Hello Frandy, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the aurora danced for you on the lake right in front of the house. I look forward to your visit this summer!
Best regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed in the Polar bear suite for three nights. No complaints for such a big room. Quiet at night.

The B&B owner is a nice lady. She explained the rules of residence one by one. I think all the rules were reasonable. And her daughter prepared waffle and muffins for us early in the morning.

We saw aurora outside the house for two nights. Amazing. Even under the full moon.

The sun rise outside the house was beautiful also.

It took 20 mins to walk to the city centre. And 8 mins to the famous restaurant for fish meal, also the midnight sun gallery. There was a small grocery store opposite to the restaurant. I like walking so no problems for me to explore the city by foot.

A smart choice to choose Narwal. Definitely will recommend others to stay there.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S T
Cathy A, Owner at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the aurora danced for you right in front of the house! I am also pleased that you enjoyed the fresh breakfasts. I do hope you visit us again in the future. All the best. ~ Cathy

Reviewed 12 March 2016

I stayed at the Narwal B&B while my friend and I visited Yellowknife for a week. The rooms are comfortable and clean and breakfasts are home made and yummy! It is the perfect location for viewing the Aurora and Cathy is the perfect host. We watched the most amazing display of the Aurora right from the front on the frozen lake! There is a brewery with pub type food a few minutes walk away and several other food choices a five minute walk away. I would recommend the Narwal B&B highly and I cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jolener1971
Cathy A, Owner at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Hi Jolene, I am so glad you and Reba enjoyed your stay, and that the aurora danced for you right in front of the house. I truly do hope our paths cross again one day. Perhaps a summer/fall vacation...? All the best ~ Cathy

Reviewed 26 November 2015

I stayed at Narwhal on two different occasions in August while I was doing a canoe trip down the Coppermine river. My mom and i were staying in a room off of the living area which was amazing, Cathy allowed us to use her living area to organize my gear for my canoe trip and offered an amazing voyageur canoe experience that my mom took part in before i arrived in Yellowknife.

they also did a great job accommodating my gluten free diet, they also helped me get a taxi to the airport. Finally when i forgot to give the hotel key back to Cathy before I left I called her and left the key at the airport front desk. Overall an amazing stay and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Cathy A, General Manager at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope you stay with us again sometime soon.