Narwal B&B
US$ 165
US$ 99
US$ 96
Travelocity
All reviewsrent a canoepolar bearthree nightswithin walking distanceold townnorthern lightscathygalleriesbrewerykettleaurorataxinoisewintersuiteairport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed in the Polar bear suite for three nights. No complaints for such a big room. Quiet at night.

The B&B owner is a nice lady. She explained the rules of residence one by one. I think all the rules were reasonable. And her daughter prepared waffle and muffins for us early in the morning.

We saw aurora outside the house for two nights. Amazing. Even under the full moon.

The sun rise outside the house was beautiful also.

It took 20 mins to walk to the city centre. And 8 mins to the famous restaurant for fish meal, also the midnight sun gallery. There was a small grocery store opposite to the restaurant. I like walking so no problems for me to explore the city by foot.

A smart choice to choose Narwal. Definitely will recommend others to stay there.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S T
Cathy A, Owner at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the aurora danced for you right in front of the house! I am also pleased that you enjoyed the fresh breakfasts. I do hope you visit us again in the future. All the best. ~ Cathy

Reviewed 12 March 2016

I stayed at the Narwal B&B while my friend and I visited Yellowknife for a week. The rooms are comfortable and clean and breakfasts are home made and yummy! It is the perfect location for viewing the Aurora and Cathy is the perfect host. We watched the most amazing display of the Aurora right from the front on the frozen lake! There is a brewery with pub type food a few minutes walk away and several other food choices a five minute walk away. I would recommend the Narwal B&B highly and I cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jolener1971
Cathy A, Owner at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Hi Jolene, I am so glad you and Reba enjoyed your stay, and that the aurora danced for you right in front of the house. I truly do hope our paths cross again one day. Perhaps a summer/fall vacation...? All the best ~ Cathy

Reviewed 26 November 2015

I stayed at Narwhal on two different occasions in August while I was doing a canoe trip down the Coppermine river. My mom and i were staying in a room off of the living area which was amazing, Cathy allowed us to use her living area to organize my gear for my canoe trip and offered an amazing voyageur canoe experience that my mom took part in before i arrived in Yellowknife.

they also did a great job accommodating my gluten free diet, they also helped me get a taxi to the airport. Finally when i forgot to give the hotel key back to Cathy before I left I called her and left the key at the airport front desk. Overall an amazing stay and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Cathy A, General Manager at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope you stay with us again sometime soon.

Cathy

Reviewed 12 October 2015

We stayed there end of August for one week. I liked Wolf room that has private bathroom.We enjoyed kayak,northern lights from there. I had some bugs bite when I had kayak tour, they took me to pharmacy..That was very kind. They have 3 friendly huskies, I loved them!! I only miss if they had a gas stove..It was difficult to cook by myself..just boil or warm up..Anyway, thank you, Cathy. We had a very good time there.Yellowknife is the best place for Norther lights!!

Room Tip: Wolf room is the best one!! Polar bear room is good one,too.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank namisf

Hello,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. August is a magical time in Yellowknife-- it is still warm, so you can get out on the water, but it gets dark enough to view the aurora.

Thank you for your suggestion about a gas stove, once we renovate the B&B with the necessary ventilation for a stove we will put one in.

Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2015

Clean homey place overlooking Slave lake. I was able to rent a canoe and this B&B and went out on the lake and caught some pretty big Northern Pike. If you are into free fishing this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Book early so you can have a room with a private bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank kimberly B
Cathy A, Owner at Narwal B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Hello,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and caught yourself some dinner right outside my front door!