“Mouth Watering!”

Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 18 August 2017

After we had a rich strawberry martini to start, my friend ordered tuna tartar (her favorite) and sushi while I enjoyed the best vegetable tempura I've ever had and a tasty crusted rack of lamb. The citrus salt is a nice touch with the tempura. For dessert we shared the goat cheese cheesecake which was light and delicious! Service was top notch, including a wine pairing recommendation that worked well with the main meal. We will be back!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

I have visited Basho many times and as usual this trip didn't disappoint in food, value and service! And of course the drinks are the best! It is always a fun experience and the staff is attentive and knowledgeable of the offerings. The food is hot, plentiful , delicious & good value. Our server was very friendly and chatted with us about the food and answered our questions. Never felt rushed and server checked with us many times to make sure we were enjoying the food, drinks and the evening....The owner is always there working side by side! Basho gets it right!

1  Thank ArtSmartTart
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Over all good experience. Had the "Scallops 3 ways" for starter they were good. I had the "Filet Mignon" for my main it was outstanding not a fan of the sides (green beans and white rice rolls). My wife had "California roll" and "Vegetable roll" which she also enjoyed. She had the creamsicle to drink which she loved I had a blackberry martini also very good. Last and certainly not least was desert, we had the chocolate moose it was also outstanding. Service was fine, atmosphere was good.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

The hands-on owner/chef has created a dining gem in St. John's. Sushi is a specialty, but it is not to be confused with a Japanese restaurant. Eclectic menu with a very fine staff, and great atmosphere.

1  Thank josephstack
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

The food was first class as was the service.The server clearly enjoyed her job! The surf and turf starter was exceptional - nothing I could say to improve the quality of this dish. The sushi had rave reviews from all my colleagues at dinner. The fish specials (haddock) were very well presented and enjoyed. This restaurant also has a very good selection of drinks and wine. Another great choice when you are in St. John's!

1  Thank rjdixon5419