“A Great Experience!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Scotland
“Ok...Great Location...but....”
Reviewed 1 October 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

Well used. I can see why this property is so popular, its in a great location, but we did find it " well used " in need of an update. My party consisted of hubby and I and our friend, all in our 60,70,s. We did visit for 5 nights end of August into early Sept.
The property consists of the ground and lower ground floor of a building, there is a flat above...only parking is on the street to the front, which does get busy with parking at night, but we always found a spot. Entrance is straight into Lounge/Kitchen area, well equipped...plenty of tourist info around. 3 steps off the kitchen lead down to the 2nd bedroom...small room...but adequate ...unsuited too. Bed does not sit flush to the wall due to the shape of room...careful of the bed ends! We soon learned. Down a flight of stairs to what must be the master again unsuited...both big rooms. Mobility issues did not allow me to use this room. My problem. washing Machine and dryer on landing was a real bonus.

Overall property was fairly clean. Coms with the owner were good...he always replied in a timely manner. I have chosen not to recommend this property. This property has won an award 2015 but is in need of upgrading. I also feel the balcony off the second bedroom to be unfit for purpose ..Lady above tipping water over each day we would have been soaked...but in fairness she has since moved. The lower floor bedroom exit door again unsuitable to access the outside due to the terrain. I have tried to be as fair as possible in this review.

Liked best: location
Liked least: Condition of home
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 Oct 2016
Thank you for your thoughtful review. While you do not recommend, I do not see very much that is negative. Most of my guests do not think the suite is run-down, which is why I generally get good reviews. The suite is in a typical St. John's row house, so guests can expect signs of wear in places, angled walls, floors that dip, and it's important to remember to duck when going downstairs! I renew my bedding, rugs, etc when they begin to show their age. Guests mostly appreciate the good bedding, well-equipped kitchen, and general coziness and character of the suite, and it's great location. And I swear every time I hit the corner of that bed, too!

Cheryl C
Brampton, Canada
“A Great Experience!”
Reviewed 20 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

Wow! The house on Pleasant Street was wonderful! Our family stayed there quite comfortably. The house was clean and the setup was amazing. Parking on the street was not a problem. The location to downtown St. John's was fantastic and we could walk downtown easily. It was like a home away from home - giving us a kitchen to cook in and laundry facilities. I would definitely book again and recommend booking it if staying in St. John's.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location to downtown
Liked least: Downstairs tv did not work
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
21 Aug 2016
Many thanks for your kind remarks.

Savleishm...
Chetwynd, Canada
“Felt like home”
Reviewed 20 October 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Couple of friends and myself stayed here. It was such a unique comfortable home and the landlord was extremely friendly. Close to downtown and the harbour which was awesome. When we go back we will probably be coming back to stay here :)

Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Thank you.
FriendFam...
Edmonton, Canada
“Gem near downtown”
Reviewed 18 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

This was a very unique home to stay in - traditional, near downtown, clean, well appointed. The location minutes by foot to Water Street and the harbour was appreciated as we could wander without having to worry about parking. We found the people in the community, friendly and helpful. I would absolutely recommend Pleasant Street Suites.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Old part of the city - a short walk to downtown
Liked least: loved it all
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
21 Aug 2016
Thanks for the terrific review!

James W
“Great location near downtown”
Reviewed 17 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

Four of us stayed at Peter's Pleasant Street location.
For us, it was an excellent home base for our vacation.
It is as advertised. Great location near the harbour and George Street. Very easy walk to either location. Parking was available on the street right in front of the unit. Lots to do nearby.
Peter was very prompt to respond to all of my questions.
My only caution is if you're travelling with tall people, they should sleep in the bedroom on the main level - they could hit their heads if they forget to duck at the turn going down the stairs to the lower bedroom.

21 Aug 2016
I am thinking that a length of hazard tape on the beam might help.

Peter
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing