All reviewsroom was cleanbreakfast staffwould stay here againhighwaybay
Reviewed 15 September 2017

First, the location is awful, in an industrial area away from the city centre and close to the highway so that there is constant traffic noise. Second, the rooms are desperately in need of a complete upgrade, especially the bathroom which must be at least 30 years old. There was no fridge or microwave. Getting to our second floor room was tough as there was no elevator and my wife and I both have mobility issues. Worst still was the noise from the bathroom fan which sounded like my Dodge Ram diesel idling. It was impossible to run the AC at night as the noise was deafening. The only good thing I can say is that the beds were quite comfortable. Not recommended at all!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My Husband made a reservation with a French speaking gentleman on Monday evening, for a one night stay at Comfort Inn, St John, New Brunswick.

He mentioned that the hotel was full, but could give us an upstairs room only, containing two double beds. He requested a ground floor drive up (as we always have that room type on our travels due to much luggage), however he said there weren't any at that time, but he would send through a request. So he agreed for the time being. As a Diamond Elite member, he thought something could be done.

On arrival at the hotel, the young girl said there were no cancellations, so we received our keys and went shopping to buy dinner.

When we came back with our groceries, we discovered NO fridge or microwave in the room. I tried to call reception to ask about a fridge and microwave, only to discover the phone was not working. Someone had stolen the cable that goes from the phone into the wall. The entire tap system was broken at the basin as well. Is this the kind of room guests deserve?

I then called with my cellphone and was answered by a rude girl (new receptionist) at the reception. When I said that I might cancel the reservation, the receptionist merely said OKAY......

At 8:00pm we called Choice and spoke to Penny, id # 61822, who tried to find a solution. After 1 hour, 11 minutes, our conversation ended with NO resolution.

Needless to say, we had NO dinner, and could not keep our food in a fridge. Just as well for cell phones, as we had no phone either. Usually the room type we stay in, ALWAYS has a fridge and microwave, and the person taking our reservation mentions what the room is equipped with. When making this reservation, NO mention was made.

At 9:20pm, there was a knock at the door. A young man was there who said he was maintenance coming to bring a phone cable. Did anyone try come upstairs and alert us to the fact?? No one bothered to let us know.

This has been a nightmare stay, especially that my Husband used his FREE points,
10 000 to be exact, for nothing. This is not the level of service we thought Choice hotels was about.

DO NOT RECOMMEND

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2017

My room had an unpleasant dusty, smokey, stale smell. The lumpy mattress was worn out as was the saggy coucb. The rest of the furniture was very dated and has been here a long time. The carpet is starting to rippleand shows some stains. There was a hair on the sink and no soap in the bathroom on arrival although soap was cheerfully provided. Overall l have questions about the cleanliness of the room. I would not have remained at this hotel if most of the rooms in the city weren't full. The rooms are long overdue for renovation and this hotel reflects very poorly on the chain.

Room Tip: Stay in a better hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Good: convenient to the Digby Ferry Port (8 min drive).
Staff were very nice. They recently had a power issue where all electronic doors
were not working. The staff had to unlock room doors for every guest whenever they came back to hotel. They did so happily. Not one person seemed irritated or frustrated by this inconvenience to themselves.
The Lady who managed the breakfast service was super nice. She engaged is conversation about where we are going, things we are doing on our trip, etc. She was very helpful with the breakfast option.
They are a pet friendly Hotel, and although we did not have a pet with us this time, they are pet friendly.
Bad: Hotel & rooms are very dated, and in need of updating.
The bedding & towels are old, and well used, the bed was adequate, but certainly not “comfortable” The Air conditioning, although it did work, did not get very cold.
The shower was adequate, and clean, but the shower head was a little low – which is a concern if you are 6’ tall and up (as one of us is).
Breakfast: mostly cold cereals, and toast/muffins/etc. Oatmeal, yogurt, and some fruit.
luckily there were some boiled eggs, which made it better. Nothing worse than starting your day without any protein for breakfast, and only getting carbs.

Room Tip: In need of an update
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This was a clean hotel and very good value; it's location isn't close to anything (except the highway) so you will need a car or taxis to get to the area attractions. The staff was very friendly and helpful so I'm sure they can help you manage your way around town. I would stay here again without a doubt. The first floor rooms have patio door entrances. This wasn't overt on the website so I would clarify that request when booking the room.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have patio door entrances.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family