All reviews room was clean on site restaurant nice pool pool and hot tub bit dated cruise ship fridge and microwave fort howe supper hospital downtown nb waterfront john
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Oh god..... what a awful place. Stay away from this 0.5 star hotel. The worst place i ever saw. Dirty bathtub, bed sheet looks like they will fell apart. Bad smoke odor in the entire place. Stay away from this dump.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stephane C
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Horrible Stay, Way too expensive for what is here. Rooms were good size and beds were just fine but the overall appearance was less than desirable. Internet was just terrible(I know it is an added bonus to have but come on) breakfast was ok but needed some TLC as in someone to replace the empty food containers and juices ect. FIX the Elevator door slammed so hard we thought it was going to fall off.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Cam S
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had a double room in this hotel. We waited 2&1/2 hours to check in (3pm check in, it was ready by 430pm) and we missed this time at the festival we were there to see. Staff knew we were waiting for our room but did not keep checking on us. The room had been ready for at least a half hour when we went to check on it again (we were sitting at the desk in the foyer). Once we got to our room, the floors were stained, there was hair in the tub, the tub was falling apart (literally), the shower curtain was mouldy, and the hallways smelled like smoke. After this I decided not to trust the pool. AC worked fine, bed was comfortable (the sheets were put on the bed inside out), and the location was prime to our festival on the Harbourfront. When we went to check out the staff called us by different names and told us about how he was going to charge us extra etc. We had to keep telling him we were checking out. Finally he listened to what room # we were saying and didn’t apologize for the mix up and checked us out. I will never, ever stay here again and I will be telling others not to stay there. For what we paid for one night, this was not worth it. I’ve stayed at better back alley motels, paid less and enjoyed them more. If I could give this hotel a negative rating I would.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruth-Ann B
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

View from outside - Looked not as nice outside, as the interior. Was a little afraid until we saw the nice lobby.

Pool - busy, water clear, towels at front desk. There was wet water trails from wet feet throughout the lobby and in the elevators.

STAFF - friendliest staff at any hotel I've ever been to.

Room - white sheets (one reason I chose to stay here), basic.
Cool view of the lit up Saint John sign.
Curtains, lamps outdated and shades ripped and broken, hard to find wall outlets, had to unplug the digital clock and use a power bar already in the room.
Washroom - light switch dirty, outdated in general

Vegas Bar & Grill
Friendly staff
Ordered food and brought it back to our room.
1 lb medium wings (skip it!), ceasar salad (meh) and chips & queso (barely any chips)

Wifi - keeps kicking you off

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018

It was a nice place to stay on our way to Nova Scotia. Be sure to check out Fort Howe across the street. Front desk staff was very accommodating and efficient. Since we were traveling with our dog, we had to be put into a pet friendly room with smaller beds. Cots were supplied to give the kids more room. Everything worked out great. Breakfast was nice as well.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel