All reviews glass shower bars and restaurants floor amenities downtown
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This was an excellent hotel to stay at. Was a little confused at first how to actually get in the hotel, at first didn't realize I had to walk into front door of the bar. Once I figured that out it was smooth sailing. The front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel it self was very clean and modern. Rooms were nice. Complementary glass of wine when we checked in was a nice treat. The mattress was a bit too much on the firm side for my liking, but wasn't a deal breaker. I have noticed people making complaints that it was very noisy because of the bar and live music downstairs. My room was up on the 3rd floor, at one point I could hear the music very faintly but that was it. I wouldn't consider that noisy what so ever. Probably the best part of this bar is the location. You are right smack in the middle of down town Moncton, walking distance from all the bars and restaurants on Main st. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel and I am definitely going to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sarah K, Manager at L'Hotel St. James, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for choosing L'Hotel St.James. Was great having you.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Great location. Around the corner from the Capitol theatre. Very modern and great staff. This hotel would not be suitable for seniors or anyone with mobility issues. You have to carriage luggage up two flights of stairs. Great continental breakfast room that is open 24 hours. This is not a place to stay if you want some rest and relaxation. It was very noisy. The hotel is on top of the St. James pub which has live music at night. Woke in the middle of the night to a couple of girls that must have been at the bar and staying in room next door. There is no staff on site after 11pm.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017

At 10:30 my boyfriend and I checked in. The lady checking us in was very nice probably since she was off at 11pm because there is no staff on site all night because they lock the doors. They also provide a phone number to call.

The room was very nice and modern. My boyfriend thought the bed was a bit uncomfortable but that was not even the worst thing about this place. The real problem about this hotel was the noise from the bar below where they hold a live band each night from 11- 2. Conveniently the night staff from hotel leaves right before the music begins. They hotel gave complementary ear plugs on the bed side tables.

People who were at the bar below assuming they were drunk would spend time in the stair way that led to the hotel. All we could hear was the blaring noise from a below average band and drunk girls yelling in a stairwell complaining about some blonde drinking all of her wine! I did not feel safe knowing we were alone in a hotel where there was so much drinking below us.

Our stay was a horrible experience, so much so we left the hotel at 1 AM and did not stay. We drove back to Fredericton to sleep in our own bed.

The following day we call the hotel for a refund or some sort of reimbursement. The lady from the hotel gave us the number for the manager because she was not on site. We were speaking with the manager and all kept asking "how do you expect us to advertise for the noise?" I'm sorry but it is not my job to know. She then hung up on me. It was rude and completely unprofessional. They took my money for a room we did not sleep in!

I WOULD NEVER ADVISE ANYONE TO STAY HERE! IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE FOR BAD SERVICE AND TO BE TREATED WITH SUCH DISRESPECT!

Room tip: Do not stay here unless you want to be disrespected, not sleep and listen to a below average band!
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Cody G
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

My Husband and I spent the night here as a getaway. It was classy, tidy, and clean. The stairs were steep and lugging suitcases up wasn't fun, but that was the only drawback for us. The shower was huge, the bathroom counter spacious, the lights were bright and everything sparkled.
I would absolutely stay here again!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mizzenmonkey
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I wish I could find more places like this when I travel outside of Moncton. We had a beautiful room, with a very comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and willing to help us in any way. If we ever do a stay-cation again, this will be our first pick.

Date of stay: February 2016