“Love Thai Food”

Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 July 2017

Saigon Thai is one of my top favorite Thai Restaurants in Moncton. Lots to choose from and always tasty. The service is good and the ambiance is good too. The only thing is that sometimes I find it cold and I need a sweater on my shoulders or legs, depending on what Im wearing.

SaigonThai, Manager at Saigon Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Thank you for visiting Saigon Thai! Sorry for our hard-working AC. Please let us know next time when you find the restaurant too cold, and we will gladly do out best to accommodate your request. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I've been here a million times and always delicious. One of the only good spots in town for Vietnamese. Pretty little spot too. Would go again.

SaigonThai, Manager at Saigon Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Thank you so much for your many visits! We look forward to serving you again in future with our delicious Vietnamese menus.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

This is the second time we have eaten at the Saigon Thai in Moncton and it was even better than the first time. The menu has just the right amount of variety. Every dish we tried has been excellent on all levels--portion size, preparation, presentation, price and taste. The service is hands down the best in Moncton, ask for Lise, she is terrific. I cannot recommend Saigon Thai any higher, it is worth a visit.

SaigonThai, Manager at Saigon Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

It’s such a high compliment! Thank you so much for your encouraging words and for being one of our customers. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Visited Saigon Thai on May 7th. I had the Pho soup and my husband had a stir fry. It was delicious. The atmosphere was nice, albeit a noisy table at the back was annoying but we enjoyed our meal. Thanks for the evening.

Glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed the evening at Saigon Thai! Here is a tip for your next visit to Saigon Thai: Try the table across the kitchen - a perfect place for only two people looking for romantic dinner.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

The Saigon Thai is a non-pretentious, lovely little cozy restaurant with very good fresh made food. The restaurant is decorated in pale wood, bamboo and other such accents giving it that "Tiki hut" look to it... very cozy with a warm feeling about it.

The service wasn't top notch however... though I must say, having bilingual service is always appreciated and our waitress was bilingual and very pleasant, but right away there weren't enough menus to go around and we were 8 adults with only 5 menus. We ordered our drinks and when they arrived we were ready to order our soups and/or apps, which we did, but we didn't get bar service for another half hour or more and we were all waiting at least 20 minutes without wine, beer, or water before someone came back to see if we were ready to order our main plates and we all grabbed the opportunity to ask for drinks... they could have made another $50..0 from our table had there been someone looking after our bar tabs. Anyway, I had a Tonkinese soup, Imperial Roll and the Special Crispy Noodle plate... everything was delicious, but the soup lacked in the broth department... I mean, this is supposed to be a Pho and I have had plenty of Pho in Vietnam during my travels in that country and this soup just didn't cut it for me... it wasn't bad if you don't know what to expect from a Pho soup, but in my case, it was a tad disappointing. The Imperial roll was amazing with a very thin and very crispy exterior wrap and very fresh vegetables with plenty of flavor and it was a nice size too... I was happy not to get a little "egg roll" sized thing, but no, this was easily 6 inches in length and thick and delicious... a must have when dining here. My Special Crispy Noodle was also extremely fresh with bright crispy veggies, shrimp, chicken and beef, all cooked to perfection with great flavor and lots of moisture... very good choice for me indeed. I will definitely go back and bring friends... but the next time I will ask my server to be mindful of our beverages.

SaigonThai, Manager at Saigon Thai, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Hi Gordon P! We apologize for the inconvenience you and your friends experienced. We promise that we will prepare more menus for our customers. Thank you so much for the advice!

As a small and locally own restaurant, we do have two waitresses working usually. But there are certain days that we have just one waitress working. For example, last weekend, one of our waitresses was sick so only one waitress served customers. With that said, there was a lack of quick service and communication with customers as you pointed out. We sincerely apologize for this and promise that we will secure more waitress in such cases. Again, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, and we hope to serve you and your friends soon again!