“Best Lobster Roll Ever!!”
Review of Wolastoq Wharf

Wolastoq Wharf
Ranked #3 of 252 Restaurants in Fredericton
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Started my meal with the PEI Mussels done in a cream and leek sauce. Then had possibly the best Lobster Roll I have ever had. It was full of delicious meat with truffle oil in a bun toasted with parmesan cheese. I have been eating Lobster Rolls for over 40 years and this one was the best!!!!. The service was ok - not great but ok. The atmosphere is pleasant. We went at lunch and it was an older crowd dining. I would definitely go again. I already have my order prepared for the next time. It will be the salmon salad with candied nuts. It looked wonderful.

Reviewed 25 August 2015

We read about Wolastoq Wharf here on Trip Advisor but did not make reservations because we were not sure about arriving in Fredericton on time after our drive from Ontario. We called on arrival at the Delta, and were told we were too late to be seated. On hearing our disappointment the person answering the phone checked with the kitchen and were told if we could be there quickly they would seat us! We were there in less than 10 minutes and shown to a nice table. Big plus! Heather, our pleasant server told us to relax, not to rush and fully enjoy our stay. Second big plus. We ordered from the menu and were treated to two of the best seafood meals we have had recently. Gayle's seafood pasta was delicious and generously proportioned. My salmon with Bernaise sauce was perfectly prepared and excellent. Accommodating my request for substitution from potato to a corn salsa from another dish was handled with a smile, and it was a great choice. Kudos to the kitchen for their seasoning, proportioning and presentation. Another big plus! As we were finishing another server introduced herself, told us she was the one who answered the phone, told us she was glad we could make it, and asked if we enjoyed our dinner. A big plus. She then recommended a carrot cake for dessert, which we both shared and found to be moist and the perfect way to finish. We had a lovely conversation with Heather and we wished we could have sat and chatted with her longer. Our bill was very reasonable. Can't wait to come back to the Fredericton area again in the future and we will be making reservations for sure. Thank you to all the staff at Wolastoq Wharf for making us feel so welcome, and for the excellent dining experience.

2  Thank Frank Z
Reviewed 22 August 2015

This is my 5th visit to Wolastoq wharf . The atmosphere has changed from a relaxed atmosphere and the customer is number one to a panic , we're busy tonight and can't do that ,even though is was not a full as other times i have eaten there . A complete change of staff last night and might have not gotten into the grove yet . My other guests seemed to be happy with their meals ..Mine was the seafood platter, don't like oysters so had that removed, the mussels were over cooked in order to try to get them to open is my guess,bad taste in one and that did it for me ,about 20 % did not open at all -- so my visit was not what i had expected and i was dissappointed and i for one will not go back for an evening meal but will try the lunch menu.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

this restaurant delivers an amazing assortment of local fare - seemingly simple - but cooked to perfection, plated beautifully, and it's all so fresh and wonderful. the dining room and decor are pretty nice, but the prices are pretty reasonable.

it fills up fast at meal times, so make a reservation to be safe.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

This restaurant was able and willing to accommodate our rather large group and boy were we grateful! People at our table had a variety of items from the lunch menu and everyone commented on the quality, quantity and great price of the various dishes that we were served. Our servers were friendly, attentive and accurate given our 20+ group.

The gluten free options were a wonderful addition. Did I mention the sheer size and quantity of the seafood present in my seafood fettuccine? Unbelievable! And when I saved some of my meal to make room for dessert, I was not disappointed. Even warmed up later my take away was still delicious! Overall we had a wonderful meal in this very well appointed restaurant.