“Good hotel, bad service at restaurant”
Review of Fredericton Inn

Fredericton Inn
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Fredericton
Bathurst
“Good hotel, bad service at restaurant”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I was satisfied with this hotel until I went for my free breakfast the next morning. I was there with two other people and we sat down in the restaurant for our breakfast. We sat for 20 minutes and no one came to serve us. We waved our hand to signal the waitress, but she ignored us. There was a couple beside us who were also waiting. After much frustration, the lady finally got up and went to get the waitress. So after waiting all that time, I had to get up and leave because my meeting was starting in half an hour. The manager at the hotel excused the bad service and told me she would give me free breakfast the next time I came to stay with them!? (breakfast was included in the price)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Sophie H,

In reference to this complaint I once again apologize to you, as stated in my letter forwarded to you via mail on March 2, 2012.

Although we were understaffed due to illness I agree there is no excuse for untimely service. We have discussed this concern as a team and I have emphasized the importance of quality customer service.

My good will as stated in the letter is still offered to you.

Regards,

Owner/General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Miramichi, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was extremely pleased with my room. It was very clean, quiet, spacious & comfortable. I would definitely stay there again. I was only there for one night but I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Denise,

First may I thank you for your kind words, and I appreciate having you as a client. I look forward to serving you in the future.

General Manager/Owner
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Fredericton Inn from 1 Feb 12 to 5 Feb 12. The staff treated us very professionally. They were very friendly and helpful with anything we needed. They accomodated our pet with no problem what so ever. Our room was very clean and quiet. We would definately reccomend this Inn to all our friends and family. We will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: The lady who took our reservation reccomended with our pet that we take a room that opens into the c...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank grampyken
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thank you for your positive comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
General Manager/Owner
Miramichi, New Brunswick
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed at the Fredericton Inn many times in my capacity as a union activist. The Fredericton is our hotel of choice not because it is fancy but because of the experience we have when we stayed there. The staff have bent over backwards to accommodate us each and every time we have been there for negotiations, conferences or business. The room although not fancy are functional, and clean. The staff are top notched. From Jill at the desk, to Beckkie in the Restaurant, these people and their co-worker go above and beyond each and every time. Is there sometimes problem? Of course there are, but the difference is that these folks note it and attempt to fix it for next time. John should be proud of his staff, because they are great and they do him proud each and every time.

Room Tip: The drive ups are very convenient if you are traveling and have to unload your stuff once you are th...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike C
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
I’d like to thank you for your continuous patronage of our property. The loyal support of labor employees has been very much appreciated by the people at the Fredericton Inn. Being a family business we take great pride in our hotel and are very fortunate to have many top notch people helping us with our customer service. Thank you for your comments.

Owner/Manager
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Stayed at Fredericton Inn with my husband during the Christmas Holidays .
Staff were wonderful - all of them- rooms were very clean and the food was excellent.
Would stay again without hesitation and have already told friends about our great stay
however brief it was. Wishing everyone health and prosperity in 2012.

Room Tip: Room with access from outside was very convenient.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helen B
johnwaite, Owner at Fredericton Inn, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear Helen B,
Thank you for staying with us during the holidays. Your kinds words are appreciated by our team.
Owner/Manager