“Excellent Food and Service”

The Canadian Brewhouse
Ranked #29 of 1,765 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 19
Description: Our one-of-a-kind Canadian themed sports bar & grill has an extensive menu of appetizers, entrees, drinks and amazing specials every night of the week. You'll note our Canadian decor starts right when you walk up to our huge Inukshuk at our doors and continues throughout the restaurant in a "cheeky" Canadian fashion. We promise, when you come to The Canadian Brewhouse, you'll instantly feel at home, because our house is your house...only we have way more TVs! You won't find a better selection of screens anywhere for the sports you love! We even provide tabletop speakers for those nights when multiple sports and teams are playing. Our house is your house.
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We had a great server, Mackenzie, who was personable and helpful. I, reluctantly tried the Philly Cheese Steak. Being from Philadelphia I am usually disappointed trying this as we travel. This was very good. The cheese was served as a side dish and used for dipping as in a french dip. It was delicious. Another plus was Mackenzie knew how to make an Ice Coffee.
This is a definite Yes for me.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Nice and lively ! Lots of selection of great food ! Have been here many times. Staff very friendly! Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

The highlight was the patio and our table right on the water. It really is a unique patio in Wpg. However, as many other reviews have highlighted, the service and food are lacking. There were 3 staff at the door while the inside was dead. The servers were super busy outside and pressing the button for service didn’t result in prompt service. We got the drop and run service where they barely stopped as they tended to us. I had read the nachos were good and perhaps it was that I had no meat, but they were awful and left mainly uneaten. Almost no cheese and no flavour. The onion rings were good but my friend didn’t even like his wings. And we had just said how can a place ruin wings?? So be careful what you order i.e. don’t spend too much money as you could be disappointed. A few last little things..I have never before seen such small drink glasses, and please join the no straw campaign. Won’t be rushing to return.

2  Thank Crysee
Winnipeg K, General Manager at The Canadian Brewhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Hi Crysee

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience the other day. We take our guest's feedback very seriously and it is troubling to hear your meal was not up to our standards.

I would love to hear a little bit more about your visit and to make it up to you. If you would like to email me back or even visit me at our store, I would like to see what we can do to make this up to you. I certainly wouldn't mind taking care of an appetizer or a round of drinks for your table the next time you are in. If you have a moment please e-mail me at peter.kelly@thecanadianbrewhouse.com and I'll make sure your next experience is exemplary.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

This is the 3rd time that I have come here and had to wait ridiculous amounts of time to get served. The first was 15, then 20 and yesterday we waited 30 minutes and still nothing so we moved on. We asked 2 separate servers why the delay and she said the “top 20 patio area” just showed up so apologies. Who cares? We were there before them! The inside restaurant was empty and 1 area of the outdoor patio was closed. Out of the remaining tables 8 of them had no drinks and some had been there longer than us. We moved on, had a first experience at Mr Mikes and loved it. We had tankards and fresh wings within 10mins.

1  Thank Tim S
Winnipeg K, General Manager at The Canadian Brewhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on our patio. I do remember speaking briefly with you on your way out. The situation is unfortunate as we did have a group of 20+ show up unannounced, however you should never have to wait more than a few minutes for a drink. I'm glad you had a great experience at Mr. Mikes, they are our neighbours and we like to visit them as well. I'd love to have you guys back for a beer and meal on me, and show you the kind of service we pride ourselves on. If you care to take me up on this offer or expand on other experiences you have had, don't hesitate to email me directly at peter.kelly@thecanadianbrewhouse.com.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We visited there to have a lunch and noticed that there were VERY FEW people there! Which should have 'warned us'. The food took a long time to get to our table and the waitress was laughing and giggling with a guy sitting at the bar before she noticed us with our hand up needing help. Soup, meh. Food overall subMeh. Soup COLD and gludgy, sandwich was crap. We played the game on the screens, which was somewhat entertaining as we were feeling VERY alone in this place. I do NOT recommend this place to anyone. SKIP this!!

2  Thank Perry G
Winnipeg K, General Manager at The Canadian Brewhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Hello Perry,

I am sorry you did not have the experience we set out for our guests. If you could please provide me additional feedback to your experience, such as what sandwich and soup you had, the time of day, whether you were inside and out, or anything else that could help us improve our service, that would be much appreciated. My contact is Coltan.Moscrip@thecanadianbrewhouse.com. I look forward to your correspondence.