All reviewsmts centrele germainquiet sidestreet noisefrosted glassattached restaurantbody washfront desk staffportage aveyogurtmodern hoteltim hortonsfloor to ceiling windowshigh floorgreat downtown locationconvention centerjets game
Reviewed 24 March 2016

This hotel was everything I expect from an Alt hotel -- it was spotless, the rooms spacious and laid out well, with thoughtful space for luggage, clothes and work space. The bathroom was very clean and the bella pella toiletries awesome (and available for purchase but not in carry-on sizes :( although they had solid soaps in the same scent. The rooms were quiet -- I did not hear other room noise or street noise and the wifi was fast and reliable.

What really sets Alt apart though is the service -- every single staff person was friendly and super helpful. The first night I was a bit worried about the parking which was around back (and honestly this was the only downside -- it is not a bad area of town and on a major road, but when I got back from meetings after dark or as was the case when I arrived, late at night, I would have preferred not to have that walk... the parking garage itself was very well lit) the front desk person offered to accompany me on the walk back (totally above and beyond); on another day, I had a last minute issue with a document for a meeting and the staff allowed me to use their photocopier.

I would also be remiss if I didn't mention the breakfast which was fantastic -- the pastries were actually great (fresh and flaky), there were healthy options (apples, pears and boiled eggs).

Excellent experience and will definitely stay there again when I am in town.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Cara M, Front Desk Supervisor at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2016

Hello DCDC77,

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments regarding your stay! I am so glad to be able to share your kind words with the rest of the Alt Team! I completely understand the parking situation and I’m excited to share that our skywalk will finally be ready as of mid spring. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2016

I travel across Canada and I try to stay in big-chain hotels, like Marriots, Sheraton's and the like. My first stay in a Alt was in Brossard, Quebec and my experience was really good overall. I would recommend asking to stay on the quiet side of the hotel in Winnipeg, as the Sport Center side tends to be loud. BFast was included too, with pastries and light stuff.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cara M, Front Desk Supervisor at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Hello Mathias R,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Alt Winnipeg. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay at both Alt locations and that the addition of our complimentary breakfast was to your liking. I've placed notation on your file to ensure for your next stay that you will be placed in a more quite section of the hotel. We hope we'll have the pleasure of seeing you again soon! Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 14 March 2016

My first time in the Alt hotel, a newly refurbished boutique hotel. Very modern, decor with a clean and convenient lobby, with adjoining restaurant. Absent the lack of lobby bar, the hotel has a welcoming and sophisticated environment. There are just a dozen rooms on each floor. The spacious rooms are modern and well appointed. Great bed and duvet. Stayed on 17th floor. Quiet, but not sound proof. The beeping sound of large snow removal equipments clearing a parking lot was more audible than you would expect. Thus, recommend a very high floor to avoid street noise.
The staff were great, smart uniforms including suspenders on the friendly and attractive staff. Ahhh youth!
Highly recommend this destination...if you in town for business or pleasure

Room Tip: High floor for quietness
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Cara M, Front Desk Supervisor at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Thank you so much for choosing the Alt Winnipeg for your stay! I’m glad the modern architecture of the building was to your liking and that you found the room’s coziness ideal. I have spoke with the parkade owners that we are affiliated with and for the future they will be updating us the day before when snow removal will take place. This way we will be able to place guests in rooms accordingly to avoid disrupting their slumber. I’m elated that our staff played a huge role in the success of your stay and I am so happy to share this with the rest of the Alt team. As well, if your plans bring you back to Winnipeg, we have a few alcoholic beverage options that we serve at the front desk. On top of the wine and beer, we have some cocktails available upon request. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

Convenient location for downtown business or MTS event stay. Good access to parking and many restaurants retail stores and services found nearby. Room had modern features with an interesting retro decor. Complimentary breakfast is excellent..

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CaraJGM, Front Desk Supervisor at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Hello!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to appreciate all the Alt has to offer. I'm so glad that the breakfast was to your liking and the location was ideal for your stay!!

We hope to see you back soon, have an awesome day!

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

I was very pleased with our stay at the Alt Hotel in Winnipeg. The modern style was clean and bright. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were a good size.

We were in town to watch a hockey game and it was less than a 2 minute walk to the arena.

Will stay here again!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Jean Philip D, Front Desk Supervisor at Alt Hotel Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Alt hotel. We are glad that the location of the hotel was an added bonus for your stay. I'm delighted to here that you found the beds comfortable and that the size of the room was just right. We look forward to welcoming you upon your return for the next hockey game!
Have an wonderful day!