“Great price for portions served!”

The Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #49 of 1,844 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We were there on a Friday evening. Our server was very polite and efficient & we were served more than enough food! I’ll be back!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

extensive menu encluding some great mussels. The French onion soup was flavopurful and propperly prepared. Breads fantastic. Vanilla icecream is not super market, much better. Service is fast and pleasant.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Not fancy but very tasty food. HUNTER'S Chicken is very good. A little disappointed that they no longer have Hunter's veal. All the fresh bread with garlic butter u can eat. Usually very busy so order extra bread and butter to start. Family of 4 can eat for around $60. Very good value. Spaghetti is always perfect and clam sauce is very tasty. Try the spaghetti with 3 sauces, u won't be disappointed. Order "factory size" if u r extra hungry.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

It was on a hot day so we enjoyed eating on the terrasse. Very kind service, good food but not outstanding. we appreciated the various meals and the affordable prices on the menu

Reviewed 18 June 2018

It was a Monday evening. We had thought it would not be too busy. It turned out to be quite busy. We sat in the section looking out on to the wild grasses at the Forks. We were seated quickly. Then we waited and waited. People that came after us were being served quite quickly. We still haven’t even been asked for drinks. Finally our server came over and asked if we would like drinks and I said we were ready to order as well. Again we waited and waited. Finally the drinks came. In the meantime other servers were quite attentive to the customers around us our server was nowhere to be seen. Finally the meal came we had to ask for bread. We never did get the bread. We finished eating and were not asked if we could like anything else. I politely motioned to our server to come over to ask her for our bill. She said yea I will be right over. The maitredee came by and asked if we would like the ice cream that came with our meal. Within two minutes he came back with the dessert. We finished and still have not had our waitress come over from the first time I motioned for her. I again saw her and asked if we could have our bill. She said she would be right there. Never saw her again. I asked the waitress who was serving the next table if we could get our bill. She said she couldn’t as the system would not allow her in to get it. She very politely said I will try and find your server. Several minutes went by and she finally came. She never apologized for the previous times she blew us off with yea I will be right there. We finally paid the bill and I never do not leave a tip, but this was an exception for me. There was no thank you or have a nice evening. I remember the waitresses name but won’t include it here. If we ever go back I will certainly refuse to sit in her section. She was no busier than anyone else, just a very poor server. Food was good service was very poor.

Date of visit: June 2018
Nolan W, Public Relations Manager at The Old Spaghetti Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Hi DGD1953,

First and foremost, I would like to sincerely apologize for such a disappointing dining experience. At the Old Spaghetti Factory, we strive for excellence in both food and service, I'm sorry we fell so short this visit. While we can't go back and change what happened, we can use your feedback to ensure that what you experienced does not repeat itself.
If you would please email our General Manager, Rob Henschel (rhenschel@osf.ca), he would like to hear from you first hand and address this concern promptly.
Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to hearing from you.