“is now closed”

Papa George's Restaurants
Neighbourhood: Mcmillan
Neighbourhood: Mcmillan
Reviewed 1 January 2013

slow service, good food, was open til the wee hours of the morning. love the cheese toast and pizzas.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Sad to hear of this landmark restaurant closing its doors. It has been a part of our beloved village for so many wonderful years. Situated on the prominent corner of Osborne and River, you just can't miss Papa George's. Known for its fabulous greek food and warm, welcoming environment, it is also open until 4 a.m. which makes it perfect for a quick bite after a busy night of fun! Sad to see you go. Thanks for serving your community for so many amazing years.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Nothing overly special about the food, but it is good quality and served in generous portions.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

basically this place is disintegrating. Servers are very mean and grumpy but its no wonder because they have to deal with all the drunks. However, if it wasn't for all of the drunks this place would be out of business. The decor does not have to be nice because everyone in there is drunk and don't notice. I once saw a guy puke on the floor at his table with his friend passed out beside him. I would never eat there again.

1  Thank tryanything0nce
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Just visiting Winnipeg and Holiday inn suggested Papa' Georges. I called them up and ordered a medium dbl cheese, mush and gr. Peppers.

Within 45 mins a happy driver dropped off the $21 pizza. After giving him a descent tip he left and I opened the box to discover 1/2 the pizza slid into the side of the box (well it was dbl cheese) and then realized it was pepperonni, gr pep and cheese.

I called the store and received a non genuine apology asking if I wanted a replacement. I eat meat and can slide a pizza back together to an edible shape - so I declined.

Lots of toppings, ok sauce and crust.

I was trying to post a pic but apparently I can't.

If I were to order again, I'd check my order before the delivery guy left (he was presentable and friendly btw)