“Worst Customer Service - Stay Away”

Winnipeg Thriftlodge
Ranked #61 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 17 June 2010

All I can say is 'stay away' from this property if you expect any kind of customer service.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 April 2010

We went to this hotel not knowing what to expect, it used to be a great place when we were in college back in the 70's .
We saw the sign that they just put in a waterpark so we thought we would give it a try for our grandson's birthday party.
We were totally amazed at the waterpark and how clean the hotel was. From the moment we walked in we felt welcomed and made to feel very important.
The pool area has 2 great slides , that not only the young children enjoyed but our adult children and even us the grandparents had too much fun.
The pool was warm enough for my 3 month old niece and yes the kiddie pool and umbrella were great. The hottubs were wonderful and everything ,clean clean clean.

Then we used the party room that fit all 45 of us to have pizza and drinks. They even have it decorated so you don't need to bring anything in.
The food in the restaurant was a great variety and also had a buffet if you wanted that.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable.

I have already recommended this place to many of my friends and relatives for future parties.
Thanks Mary and staff for making this such a great birthday for our grandson.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Got in at the hotel at a late time. The front desk was helpful. Rooms were clean and had a blast inside the waterpark, the slides were awesome!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I booked a room in advance for my sons 14th birthday party. When I got to the hotel, I thought the desk clerk was acting very standoffish but I went to the room anyway. I did inform the clerk that it was a kids party and we would pay extra for guests to swim. When I got to the room, it smelled very strong of human pee. My nephew showed up with his 3 kids and they could smell it too. I bent down and smelled the bedding and it smelled just like a diaper full of pee. I went to the desk and politely asked if we could change rooms or have the room cleanded. He notified the room cleaner and she went to the room and told my guests to get out. When I showed up at the room she wasn't there and my guests were standing in the hallway. I went to look for her and when I found her she said to me " you can go now, we don't have a room for you so just go". I was stunned! I went to the desk and the clerk said that we could leave or wait for the manager but he didn't know when the manager would be back. I couldn't believe it. We left and found a much better hotel and we will never go there again. DUMP and rude people working there to boot.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2010

My husband,my 2 little kids and myself decided to go out for a night.We arrived at 3pm, we waited 25 minutes for our check in. A bunch of dirty and drunk people were hanging in the lobby,The check in man was rude and ignorant.He kept answering phone calls for people that actually LIVES there when they tell you :"oh non, no ones lives there". He charges us a 50$ deposit, there isnt no signs of that.PLUS you have to pay 10$deposit for the tv remote,which the tv only has 10 CHANNELS!!!!! THEN they charged us 10$ EXTRA because we were 4 people,YOU are only allowed 3 people in the pool.I compplained to the manager and told her it was absurde that OUR little family, the husband the wife and OUR 2 kids have to pay extra to be able to swim ALL TOGETHER.There was some smoking rooms,and non smoking room.We were really happy to have non smoking room cause the WHOLE hallway stinks really bad....There is bad and shaddy people walking back and forth in the hallway,going to peoples room.And honestly i think some of those room are having -shaddy-things going on there.Once we got to our room, the heater didnt work,then we called maintenance and she told us it was NICE outside and we didnt need heat.I asked her if she was kidding.We have 2 little kids and its freezing in the room.Took them almost one hour to fix it and took 4 people to actually figure it out!!!! Our room, yes they are outdated BIG TIME but the rooms are big.The bed were really comfortable.The bathroom towel are so thin that you need two!!!They go and verify your room BEFORE you check out cause they will charge you for ANYTHING missing in the room.People walking and kids CRYING all time of the night.That was ridiculous.Drunks walking in the hallways with their little kids at 4am.
THE GOOD PART.we decided that we would ,make the best of this TERRIBLE NIGHT..The waterpark..WOW and WOW.Beautiful and big.Perfect for any children.It like heaven!! this waterpark sure makes it for the sawfull WHOLE hotel part....THEY have to open the door for you cause they have to give you your towel and you have to initial papers to prove how many towels you are using...which i thought was a joke!Make sure you bring your OWN coffee and your creamer and your sugar cause they have a coffeee maker but he said -well you have to bring your OWN coffee!-
I put in a major complaint to the hotel management in Winnipeg.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family